I hate drugs!!!!

Old 01-20-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hate drugs!!!!

I #¥€&!*@ HATE DRUGS!!!! And what they transform our dear amazing loved ones into!!!!! Abf 30 days inpatient and still has so far to go mentally! So up and down, I hate it!!!!! I just want to scream!!!!

Rant Over
Old 01-20-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep! You said it. Horrible, crazy-making, killer substances.

Take care of yourself Lostinlove. Stay focused on what you can do to make changes in your own life.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree and I was/am the drug addict. For me obviously I loved getting high, but the drugs were a coping mechanism for much deeper issues. Drugs worked at first then they turned on me, but the cycle is horrible. Not making excuses though - I could see what was going on, but kept repeating the same things over and over and didn't have the motivation to change. Consequences help though I can say that for sure!! 30 days for me was a drop in the bucket - yes a great start, but life is long and recovery takes time - gotta take it day by day. I was pretty hard core though so maybe someone who didn't get in as deep as me could recover faster. Took me 10 years of trying to get 3 years clean, but I feel like I understand myself now which takes a lot of personal honesty and soul searching. That doesn't mean I am out of the woods unfortunately. I could blow my life up tomorrow if I pick up again, but I am NOT going back to that hell hole. Rather die a quick death. Sorry probably not what the Friends and Family want to hear. Doesn't give you a warm fuzzy, but you know we can change it is just a long hard road. Just don't bet your life / happiness on that happening. Do what YOU need to do.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good place to vent.

Its encouraging to know the brain will heal, and at least people can recover from this.

But at times we need to scream.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

The use of drugs is just a symptom of the problem.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes I'm fully aware that drug abuse is due to bigger issues....

5 years sobriety relapsed after these events: His wife left him. A week after that he found out his 1st born daughters' step father had been molested her. Dabbled for a year every couple/few months then 2nd year some other events turned into a full blown daily user.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LL, what are you doing to help your recovery right now?
It sounds like he will need to be focusing on himself and his issues
when he gets out of rehab.

That will be really difficult for you, won't it?
Old 01-21-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One thing for my own recovery is this forum, also today paid for my therapy sessions and with an active addict not in and out of my home I'm able to just have more time for self reflection/breath and not be so uptight about moving about my home. Abf's paranoia at times made living in our home less than easy/comfortable. So simply taking in the peaceful home I now have. Each day has its challenges and rewards.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostinLove22 View Post
One thing for my own recovery is this forum, also today paid for my therapy sessions and with an active addict not in and out of my home I'm able to just have more time for self reflection/breath and not be so uptight about moving about my home. Abf's paranoia at times made living in our home less than easy/comfortable. So simply taking in the peaceful home I now have. Each day has its challenges and rewards.
Good for you LL! Keep adding to the list of taking care of yourself and looking at your own side of the street.

What you are going through can be as hard as the addict getting sober. The quality of your own recovery will impact this world as much as the quality of an addicts recovery.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i was emotional one night and i wrote the craziest poem "i hate drugs i hate drugs i hate hate hate drugs" and i just kept repeating this. there were other things too but i looked back on it and was like wow this whole thing....its so terrorizing. i would take all drugs out of this world if i could! screw them.....ugh but i guess everything happens for a reason...... we can DO THIS