Notices

Need Lots Of Support This Week...

Old 09-13-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Need Lots Of Support This Week...

Need lots of support this week please. New to this board. I was a practicing Alcoholic and Cocaine addict for 10 yrs. I got clean and Sober in Feb, 1997 and stayed clean and sober for 6 1/2 yr with the help of treatment, AA, NA and most importantly fellow alcoholics/addicts.

As of today, Sept,13-2004 I have been drunk for 14 months and on a 7 gram a day Coke bender since July,1. And yes..I am still alive to tell about it. But.........I am really hurting, physically, mentally, emotionally.

Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life and I hope to stay clean and sober tomorrow. (to late today). I have given e-mail..msn..and aim info in profile.(I never do that....must really be hurting). Please post what ever is on your mind.(as I will read every word) and feel free to contact me on msn and aim......P L E A S E.

tHANKS.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hey Hardwood,
Welcome to SR. You're right. Today is all you have. I'm glad you decided to post here and get some support. You can come off this long binge and be healthy again. Just take it one day at a time. We're here for you.
Sandy
Old 09-13-2004, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hello Hardwood--Welcome to SR!!! This is a wonderful place with lots of caring and supportive people. We are glad you are here!

I am a bit worried....Are you trying to do this detox on your own? Maybe you should seek out detox somewhere. Please take care of yourself and pay attention to the signs your body gives you.

Best of luck, and keep posting! Others will be along soon to welcome you.

Hugs--
Old 09-13-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY HARDWOOD,WELCOME,GLAD YOUR BACK.
FORTUNATE,HUH?
STICK AROUND GREAT BUNCH AROUND HERE.
SEEYA TOMMOROW..................ted :rambo:
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks guys....this is the first time over the last year I have sought help......but I do remember 1 thing over the 6 yrs I was clean and sober and that is......You guys are always there for me........HMMMMM..I remember a time when I was always there to help somebody.............very selfish I am these days.......sure miss the good old days.........hopefully I will find them soon..One Day at A time..
Old 09-13-2004, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Hey and welcome!
My welcome is short, glad your ready! Lot's of miracles in progress happening around here!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Castaway

Don't worry Hardwood. You'll find the good ol days again. Just because you're wandering, doesn't mean you're lost. Hope to hear more about you soon.
Sandy
Old 09-13-2004, 08:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Hardwood - my thoughts are with you buddy! I wish I could say something that might make things easier, but all I can offer is support right now.

I have been sober for 11 months, so we both know you have some tough days ahead but you still have your life and future - and nobody can take that away from you!

Take care,

Dave
Old 09-13-2004, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hello hardwood,

you're going through a hard time, i know its no fun. i recall when i first began using. i wasnt even aware that i had begun taking days at a time solely for using. then, one day, i realized that i was trying to stay lit for as long as i could (weeks) with minimal sleep and eating. i thought it was still fun though, even though i began realizing it took ALOT out of me to keep going. yeah sure, the dope kept me up and alert, but my tolerance was building and the comedowns were getting painful.

help, i knew i needed that. i just kept fighting with the fact that i am addicted to meth and thinking i could control my using. or just be in denial that i have a problem and try to just go about my ordinary life. i convinced myself that i was fine, and wrote off being jailed and homeless as just "things that happen to people". my health became very poor and that was just because "i ate only junkfood". and the kidney infections were because "i dont drink enough water". i hated to think i needed help, because i loved being high.

the high is and was like a cute fuzzy puppy to me. i would kick your butt if you tried to take it from me even though it had a mean bite. i know, the puppy thing was lame, but i really like puppies. and i think i sometimes see using as such an innocent cute fun thing and i couldnt understand why anyone would want to try to take the cute thing from me.

ive lost people close to me from addiction. we are fortunate to be alive. i hope you are able to pick yourself and dust off. theres no shame in that!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm Not Alone

If using is about fuzzy puppies, mine was a rabid chow/shepherd/pit mix. No fun.

Hardwood, welcome back. You're done when you say you're done. Now surrender and stay clean.

Peace.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If using is about fuzzy puppies, mine was a rabid chow/shepherd/pit mix. No fun.
haha, but in every rabid/chow/shepherd/pit mix, there is a sad little puppy with sad puppy eyes that just wants one more pet.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome home Hardwood.

Always nice to see the door open and have a brother come back.

no msn aim or any other program here so I will put out a hand and a greeting here.

You know the steps, you know the walk, will see you when tomorrow gets here and it will be good seeing you clean and sober.

So good having you here.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

it's never too late....just added you to my msn. hang in there.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

sounds like you have struggled most of your life with some sort of addiction as i have in the last 12 years i have only been sober 1 year which is when i was pregnant after my body got back to normal i felt better then i had as long as i could remeber i function very well in my addiction work, A student but taking that much is very expensive and very time consuming it is just time to get my **** toge,ther and be the very best i can be. i really belive that if we hang in there and take it one day at a time it will get better and the kicker at least for me is to never be stupid enough to think i could handle just one iam sure your reasons for using are differnet from mine but the end result is we have to grow up and figure out what is most important to us in this life and make a choice to overcome this demon we have it can be done you have done it and you can do it again there will be low points everyday we just have to keep busy and get through them without using it does pass. and then the next day is not so bad until we get a little time under our belt. I only took 10 today and by this weekend plan on being done iam very motivated and i will accomplish this not if it kills me, so it doesn't!!!! you can do it to i will pray for you.

Candleburner :
Old 09-14-2004, 08:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending a prayer out for you Hardwood...

May the Creator bless you with clearheaded resolve to get and stay clean and calm your spirit in the days ahead ...
Old 09-15-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Still Alive

Still alive..thanks all.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Good doing.
Great to see you.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

KEEP AT IT HARDWOOD.
YOU TASTED IT BEFORE,GET IT BACK.............ted
Old 09-15-2004, 05:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dan

Cool. Very cool.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Keep writing. Everyone here is wonderfull. I am only 4 days clean and still detoxing. Everyone here has helped me in one way or another. Keep it up we all care about you.

Love and Luck
Jess