Notices

Just got back from kid's soccer game..

Old 01-09-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just got back from kid's soccer game..

Early morning 7:30am start, im on 50 days now and am trucking along but while i was watching (i stand alone on the sidelines) one of the other parents hung out with me. He didnt seem drunk but his breath reeked of alcohol. It drove me nuts and really threw me off. I really got uncomfortable but didnt want to say anything to offend him.
It's a one off for me.. i def want to avoid this in the future but it really goes to show that when my senses are acute you can easily tell. Im wondering how many times i was talking with someone (even though i wasnt a morning drinker) and they were thinking the same thing? Youre never really undercover, what a joke.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That makes me cringe that that could have been me times too. Glad that's over now.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you seem to be feeling you are glad to be not drinking. I think in most cases we do need reminders about it for ourselves and perhaps pray for others...
Old 01-09-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I never drank in the morning, but have definitely shown up to early morning soccer games with a hangover, and now I am wondering how many people thought that about me.
Definitely another motivation to stay sober! Congrats on 50 days!!!:-)
Old 01-09-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I never drank in the morning, but have definitely shown up to early morning soccer games with a hangover, and now I am wondering how many people thought that about me.
Definitely another motivation to stay sober! Congrats on 50 days!!!:-)
yeah i should justify it by saying he may have gone heavy last night and the smell was still lingering. Definately people will assume either, brutal.
I really wanted to tell him to come to SR but that would have totally been out of hand and mean. Instead i just am thankful i never need to worry about that again. Worst part is i coach hockey and soccer... i cringe at the thought of parents smelling something when i coach. Shame..
Old 01-09-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Joe !
Old 01-09-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrad's bud, you should be very proud as I bet the kids were happy to see a sober dad at their game!!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We used to have a secretary where I worked and other staff members always commented about her alcohol breath. Oddly enough, I never noticed....probably because I was drinking too!

I've seen pictures of me when I was drinking and I can't believe how red and puffy my face looked. I sure hope people weren't commenting....but bet they were
Old 01-09-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
We used to have a secretary where I worked and other staff members always commented about her alcohol breath. Oddly enough, I never noticed....probably because I was drinking too!

I've seen pictures of me when I was drinking and I can't believe how red and puffy my face looked. I sure hope people weren't commenting....but bet they were
When i have early morning hockey practices i can smell alcohol on my asst coache's breath. I think it is easier to smell in a hockey arena. Now im wondering if while i was noticing his breath was he noticing mine too? Lol.. probably.

So glad that is done with.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on50 days!

Oh goodness, towards the end I was PARANOID someone would smell it in my breath! I always stood three feet from people, worried about close talkers. Any strange look on someone's face automatically meant that they must have noticed... I always, always, had a mint in my mouth.

My personal favorite towards the end (oh yeah, being sarcastic here!) was when I started sucking on cold lozenges all the time. They smelled kind of strange you see, I any alcohol breath slipped through it could've explained as lozenge smell, riiiight?

SO very glad to be over all of that!!