Notices

Face Busted up pretty Bad

Old 01-03-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Face Busted up pretty Bad

I've been drinking for 10 years and last weekend was pretty close to the most damaging blackout I've had. Made two acquaintances very upset and got my face bashed in. I'm going to be left with a scar through my eyebrow and maybe one on top of my nose. But for some reason it wasn't bad enough. I have since drank to blackout status again. Why is looking in the mirror at this ridiculous facial catastrophe not enough to stop me from drinking?
Old 01-03-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

It wasn't for me, either. October 17, 2014 I suffered a Grand Mal seizure and fell face forward onto a hard floor. I was really bashed up, but drinking as soon as they released me from the hospital in the wee hours.

I healed pretty well but still have a scar on my lip.

Do I understand correctly that your acquaintances beat you up? You know you have to get off this train because you know exactly where it is headed. What are you going to do to overwhelm this enemy and win?
Old 01-03-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Only you hold the answer to that question. Each one of us that is sober had to make a promise to ourselves to never drink again, those that made this decision or the majority came up with a plan to get us sober and stay there.

When you and only you decide you have had enough of this sickness and want to stop, are willing to go to any lengths, that IMHO is the starting point.

I wish you the very best, it's not an easy journey but to me life is worth fighting for.

Andrew
Old 01-03-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For some reason we all need to experience different levels of loss in our lives as alcoholics. The loss of my marriage, wrapping myself and my car around a tree (thank God son wasn't with me) and several head injuries and scars later with the last one resulting in time in the intensive care unit of our local hospital.....it was finally enough for me. But the saddest part. My son and the rest of my family experienced all kinds of loss and other emotions at the same time because of my drinking and my drinking consequences. Alcoholism isn't just about us. It is also about the people who love us the most.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Why is looking in the mirror at this ridiculous facial catastrophe not enough to stop me from drinking?"

could be that ya havent admitted alcohol is the common denominator in all your problems.
could be you havent decided you want to stop drinking.
could be many reasons.

it can get worse, but it doesnt have to.
if you want to stop drinking and become willing to do whatever is necessary to do so.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When you've had enough you will go to any length to stay sober. I sliced the side of my finger off, cooking while intoxicated. Many more mishaps later, I was finally ready.

Stick around. It's not easy but it's doable.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Free it doesn't have to be like this make a day 1 get rid of any remaining alcohol give yourself a chance embrace the real you in sobriety
Old 01-03-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It wasn't enough for me either.

I was the last man in at a pub, they hustled me outside and turned off the lights and I fell down some stairs. Ridiculously never saw a Dr and I have a beauty of a scar across my nose.

I still drank for years after that.

The difference between me and you is...you have SR. Use it
Really get involved in the threads here - join the January support thread, maybe?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-thread-5.html

You obviously have a part of you that wants to quit - feed that part Free2

D.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the relentlessness of this disease of alcoholism. It will not give up and uses any and all opportunities to maintain its hold. I'm sorry you were hurt and I know for sure that you can make the choice today to never have to worry about anything like that again. Take the leap of faith.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find the strength to put the bottle down for good. If you continue drinking, something worse is sure to happen.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Some people drink themselves to death . . . even facing that reality may not be enough, the reason being we're dealing with a real physical and mental addiction that willpower, good intentions, wishful thinking or merely hoping things will get better, is simply not enough!!

For me I needed to get a plan together, some real acceptance that alcohol was no longer working in my life, I needed to change up my routines, my activities, the people I hung out with, I had to get some daily support, and make the necessary permanent changes to my life!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!!