Forum family

Old 12-27-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forum family

I don't have parents who I can talk openly with about the issues that alcoholism is bringing into my life and that has been making me really sad. But whenever I post on here I immediately get responses which are well thought out, full of care and empathy, and come from experience but do not insist on being right. Responses which encourage me to look after myself and my children first and foremost, which help me to see all the different perspectives, which point out difficult truths, yet all in a loving way. This is exactly what I would want from my family.
Thank you forum family!
Old 12-27-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nyinabo, SR has been and continues to be a lifeline for me too. I've looked into a few other online communities but have found none with the level of activity as well as the depth and breadth of experience that SR has. SR is a real jewel.

I have learned so much from the people here, and as you say, the responses are intelligent, well thought out, kind and useful. And sometimes we just have some fun, too! I would never have believed I could feel so close to a bunch of people scattered over the world, most of whom I will never meet in the flesh...

A big thanks from me too, SR family!
Old 12-27-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SR has been a lifeline for me also. I unfortunately at times respond to posts with a little less tact than I should and for that I apologize... It just my truth coming out.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel the same, for sure!
And like honeypig, I've tried a couple other forums... but they don't even compare to SR.
So thankful for all of you!
Glad you're here Nyinabo!
Old 12-28-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The SR community has been a lifesaver for me. Having an open, honest dialog with others who completely understand, empathize and are able to give support and encouragement has played an enormous role in my recovery. Sometimes it might sting a bit, but it's always on point. I am eternally grateful for this community.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love it here too.

Sue
Old 12-28-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nyinabo,

I haven't piped in on your other threads. But I have read your story and want you to know my heart breaks for you, I support you, and I want nothing more than to see you thrive through your current challenges and love and believe in yourself just as much as you clearly deserve.

I'm so glad you are finding acceptance in this community. You deserve no less.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I stumbled upon SR for a couple of different reasons and never left - I use much of the input for bettering many different types of relationships, I just love seeing the growth in people who are learning and applying to better their lives for the love of THEMselves or children, and I mourn and worry for those who are in turmoil then just sort of "disappear" from SR. I appreciate ALL of you!