Notices

People away from family

Old 12-24-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

People away from family

What are you doing for Christmas?

My family lives 3000 miles away from me. I'll call them tomorrow , but besides that I will be alone for the holiday. Tomorrow morning I will go on a long bike ride, and the rest of the weekend I will finish up a book, work on some photos from my last vacation, and maybe go on a hike.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I will be alone, just me and my critters, tomorrow. A nice walk or two with the dogs will satisfy me. I only have two family members close by, and they are both staying at home. I'm going out to eat with my brother on Saturday for a belated Christmas dinner. I will get to Skype with my daughter in CA tomorrow. That's always nice.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had years like that. I just took it as a few paid days off work and chilled. Watched some stand up comedy, laughed and ate good food.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The neighbors invited me over to eat in the afternoon. But otherwise, it's just going to be me and the kitties.

I'll probably just work on going through more stuff around my house as I am preparing to sell the place and trying to get rid of as much junk now as I can. Amazing how much stuff I've collected over the decade or so I've lived here.

If the weather is OK, I'll try to get out for a walk and catch a little sun.

I may try to hit an AA meeting. I don't normally go to the Friday meeting, but we have very small groups here and somebody mentioned that sometimes nobody even shows up to open the doors on holidays. I have a key so maybe I'll go and just make sure it's open in case anybody comes by.

Then I'll probably do a YouTube yoga class. The yoga classes I normally go to are on holiday, so I've been doing videos the last few nights. And making sure to light candles and make a nice hot cup of tea to go along with them.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My family is only 30 miles away so I went to spend Xmas Eve with them. Got there at 4:15, ate the worst home cooked meal I've had in decades and was out of there by seven. Not really sure just why but I have almost no interest in having anything to do with them anymore. They're nice people, and I think I'm a nice person, I just seem to have much in common with them except DNA. Maybe it's because I've been working so much lately that I selfishly hate to spare any of my precious, nearly-non-existent free time being bored sitting around with them.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Merry Christmas JTF were having our first Christmas at home I hope today goes well for you
Old 12-25-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Even though I'll be spending time with some family today, this evening I'll be back at my place on my own.

But it can be a great time just to relax, gonna brew up a big pot of green tea, break out some treats and settle in to watch some TV or movies.

Merry Christmas Jtf!!
Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jtf7 View Post
What are you doing for Christmas?

My family lives 3000 miles away from me. I'll call them tomorrow , but besides that I will be alone for the holiday. Tomorrow morning I will go on a long bike ride, and the rest of the weekend I will finish up a book, work on some photos from my last vacation, and maybe go on a hike.
sounds healthy!
Old 12-25-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all you guys had a great day

D