Lost it Today

Old 12-09-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost it Today

I feel bad, I was doing so well!!
I didn't text my ah. I'm in Florida for 2 weeks. My ah hasn't been texting me much.
I lost it today because it's my birthday and I haven't heard from him. I texted him a few times, and he was busy he explained.
Then my ah called me crazy, because j asked him to answer one question, if he loved me.
My ah didn't answer, told me I'm crazy, and now isn't texting me at all.
I'm feeling ashamed of myself that I texted him in the first place. I need to stop myself from doing this!!!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes these things happen especially when we feel hurt.

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
I feel bad, I was doing so well!!
I didn't text my ah. I'm in Florida for 2 weeks. My ah hasn't been texting me much.
I lost it today because it's my birthday and I haven't heard from him. I texted him a few times, and he was busy he explained.
Then my ah called me crazy, because j asked him to answer one question, if he loved me.
My ah didn't answer, told me I'm crazy, and now isn't texting me at all.
I'm feeling ashamed of myself that I texted him in the first place. I need to stop myself from doing this!!!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A wise soul in here told me "sometimes we have to touch the burner to see if it's still hot."

Yes it is - yes, he still cannot resemble what you need and deserve in a partner.

I'm sorry - it is hard - and so, so sad. Happy birthday to you. Give yourself a nice gift. You deserve so much more.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sweetie, you are just going to have to accept that he isn't going to be there for you. Not for your birthday, not for an emergency, not for your business. As much as it hurts, it will hurt a lot longer if you keep hoping/expecting him to be something he isn't--a caring partner.

It's a harsh reality, but reality it is. If you ACCEPT it, you can grieve it and move on. If you keep expecting him to be something different, this disappointment will play out again and again.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Zircon,

Happy birthday!!

I'm sorry, Lexie's right. Unless he changes, which I sooooooo wouldn't hold my breath for, he's not going to be there for you. He's lost in his addiction. When lost in addiction, an addict can't truly love. That's just how it is.