Notices

Finally Made It To Day 3

Old 11-11-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally Made It To Day 3

I've had lots of Day Ones, but have a really hard time making it through Day Two. But I did it yesterday!

Since I work from home, the voices start somewhere between 3 and 4 p.m. They build up to a crescendo until somewhere between 6 and 7 p.m. and WOW are they loud! It surprises me that they just don't shut up for several hours. But I fought them off yesterday, so "Yay!" for me!

I can now see that I need to be prepared for their coming every day. Around 3 p.m. today, I plan to take a walk and listen to "The Bubble Hour" on my iPhone. After that, I'm going to go to a store a do a little shopping, something I usually don't do around dinner hour. Hopefully, by the time I get home and eat a little dinner, they will start quieting down.

I admire you who have made it much further than me. How did I even get to this place? I used to have just one glass of wine in the evenings. Never saw it coming.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good plan! I think planning ahead and doing things at different times to shake up your routine is a great idea. Those things really helped me in the early days.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jackie1214 View Post
I've had lots of Day Ones, but have a really hard time making it through Day Two. But I did it yesterday!

Since I work from home, the voices start somewhere between 3 and 4 p.m. They build up to a crescendo until somewhere between 6 and 7 p.m. and WOW are they loud! It surprises me that they just don't shut up for several hours. But I fought them off yesterday, so "Yay!" for me!
Congratulations Jackie! I've worked from home for 4 years but I've just started a job outside of the house. I know exactly how you feel when it comes to working from home. I kept a bottle right under my desk. I'd have friends bring me drinks to my office. It became a mess. I'm so happy you have gotten past Day 1! My voices came around the same time for me as well. I guess we gotta realize that even if no one is around to see us, WE see ourselves. We can do this Jackie! Let's keep it goin! I'm on your team!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Jackie
Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 3, Jackie.

Having a plan for after work is a great idea.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations Jackie, I know what u mean, I never saw it either!!!! I think its a very common issue & unfortunately people continue in secret & r just too afraid to get help & be honest. This site is a life saver!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic Jackie!! Keep pushing through!!