Grateful to have some me time

Old 11-02-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful to have some me time

I am so excited to share tonight. I finally have taken some steps to take care of me. AH finally agreed that he does need to get some help and is in a rehab. I love him and will support him in healthy ways but I am so happy to be back to me. I have been having lunch with my pals and getting all my projects done.

I have been in church ever since he left which he used to protest and it does me such a service. I get so much out of those few hours a week and am just sharing some gratitude for the calm i am living now.

Before he went it was pretty much constant chaos and it sure makes one thankful for the quiet moments. I am enjoying the Voice tonight in my pajamas and have no catastrophes occurring.

Hope we can all have some calm this week.

Peace Love Sober ........Happy
Old 11-03-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is a good healing time for you. I hope rehab helps him turn the corner to a better way of life. Rehab offers the tools to cope with life on life's terms, hopefully he will continue to use them long after rehab is over.

Hugs
Old 11-03-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great story!!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's awesome! My fiancé is currently in rehab and I am feeling so calm! It's amazing to sleep peacefully at night and not worry about if he is sneaking out, using, or overdosing next to me! I am taking time for me and even my family says I seem so calm and peaceful! It's nice knowing he is safe and on his way to what I hope is a steady recovery! Thankfully his rehab is at a veterans hospital only 20 minutes away so I can bring him snacks, clothes, ect! I am so happy and feel so blessed knowing he is safe!!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am in same place where my husband is in rehab as well. I feel a peace about it as well. I feel like I'm seeing myself again. Like all the things I've pushed to the side when he was around I can embrace again. Do you feel that way too?