Any Experience With Someone Using Adderall

Old 10-17-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any Experience With Someone Using Adderall

Suspect that alkie/addict here using adderall which I thought was ment for children with attention deficit disorder mellowing them out. Told that it's a stimulant for adults. Is this addictive or have long term effects physically or psychologically? Here his mind seems to always be racing and talks at light speed among with already having a very short temper.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes, yes, and yes. I'm sorry to say that it is addictive, & IMO he displaying common symptoms of abuse.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Adderall is nothing more than "speed" And yes, it's addictive.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello...yup my son is using an ADHD med....at one point he said it was Ritalin , then adderall ..he's intense, loud, aggressive, all his behaviors are over the top. He's lost close to 60lbs in less than three months and says he feels...ggggreeeat...but he looks horrible.
It's sad to see...for when he's sober he's kind, loving, gentle , spiritual and very creative.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Adderall is an amphetamine very much like cocaine. I agree with what everyone else above has said. He might be taking more than prescribed dosage, resulting in early schizophrenic side effects.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kallioya View Post
Hello...yup my son is using an ADHD med....at one point he said it was Ritalin , then adderall ..he's intense, loud, aggressive, all his behaviors are over the top. He's lost close to 60lbs in less than three months and says he feels...ggggreeeat...but he looks horrible.
It's sad to see...for when he's sober he's kind, loving, gentle , spiritual and very creative.
Funny you mention weight loss because the addict/alkie has gone through several periods of weight loss, blames it on the lack of money and cries he's starving yet finds time for the gym daily and boasts how much he did. He also frequently looks like crap. Also note he always tries to drum up sympathy.

To top it off all the time in the gym and his shape or musculature hasn't matched weight loss or how much he is supposedly doing the gym. He bloats up several times a year which is probably the steroids-while he still complains about "starving". And yet he frequently eats like a he hasn't eaten in a week as in holiday meal gorge at least once a week. And consumes or devours alcohol regularly.

Should ask what are some of the side effects of excessive stimulant use. I heard the old school diet pills used to be mainly stimulants and people having a lot of trouble with them.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I take adderal as prescribed and I feel nothing but focused. I take a low dose. My son is also ADD and we tried him on adderal and it seemed great till he discovered that on a drug test adderal and meth show up the same. He was using the adderal which I was holding and giving daily to use meth. What you are describing sounds very much like meth to me. Or extremely high doses. funny thing is Heroin is my sons drug of choice so when he was told he has ADD the thought of taking speed flipped him out but I guess he got over that when he did meth. Needless to say he's not getting the adderal any more from the doctor.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello, thequest.

Here's a link to detailed info about Adderall: Adderall: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & Safety Info - Drugs.com
Old 10-26-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know if this is helpful to your situation or not. My 10 year old son is prescribed adderall for ADHD. My husband is an alcoholic/crack addict and he has in the past taken our son's meds to extend his high. I keep the meds hidden now. But the effects on my husband seemed about the same as being high on the crack. The nonsense talking.

With my son, used correctly, it just causes him to focus better.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

As Ruby2 & MyJoey have speculated there might be other drugs in play and/or he might be using the stimulants to keep his alcohol buzz going or simply drink more. Another thing that I recently noticed he is starting to drink multiple kinds of alcohols in one evening . To me if one is drinking multiple kinds of alcohol in one night with no special occasion that seems like partying too me. Or maybe he's looking for a sleep aid.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is quite common when the Rx runs out for it to turn into cocaine addiction. Just a warning.....