Notices

Rough Morning

Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Morning

I wake up on most mornings with this feeling of doom. I guess its not the worst that its ever been but its still there.

Most mornings I wake up like this and I usually have somewhere to go but today is my "day off". It should be great that its my day off but that also means I can't just walk out the door and put this feeling in the back of my mind and allow it to eventually subside. I guess I need to get ready and go "somewhere". I do have things I need to do for school, such as reading, but staying in my place is probably not a good idea. It makes me feel isolated and confined.

I just got on here and started typing cause it helps me pass this groggy wakeup phase I've been dealing with most mornings. I'm going to take a shower now and come back to SR after.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's good to share those feelings... it's OK to have them, too. That's normal. That's human.

what are you doing to support your emotional well-being?

what is your current self-care?

Sometimes, these feelings are our own inner voice telling us we need something....
Old 10-09-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to get out and do your errands. I'm sure you will feel better if you do. I suspect the morning grogginess will fade away before too long.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's always gonna be good and bad days, even in Sobriety and especially in early Sobriety, my emotions were all over the place, but eventually they adjusted and levelled out!!

Hang in there, it gets better!!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Know the feeling and it stinks. Best for me to get up and get moving before I think too much -- works better sometimes than others. Some days I really hate being brave.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't really have anything I'm doing for self care except saying sober and using this forum. This place is a great outlet. I think I need to meet some more people maybe, just not really sure where or how. I'm just trying to maintain my studies, a little (sometimes a lot) every day.

I am going to go to a couple stores to get some stuff from my checklist I've made. Then I'm going to clean my place and organize a bit and probably head out to a Starbucks to start some studying. I am tempted to go back to my hometown this weekend but am still undecided on that. I'm snapping out of this grogginess and I think going to the stores will help even more.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope all is well Soberish! You're doing great! We're with ya whether we all want that or not or are not sure...that fact of the matter is we're with ya...that's just how it goes...Be true to yourself...It is a beautiful wonderful self..
Old 10-09-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

self care is important. It can be as simple as going to a nice vista and watching the sunrise every morning or going to get a coffee and journaling at a nice cozy coffee shop. It can be a long walk in nature three times a week. It can be trying something new, like enrolling in a guitar lesson or taking a painting class.

I think trying new things that are opportunities to either interact with nature or express our creativity are really powerful, nurturing ways to find new space and self care in recovery. These are both avenues that have a way of helping deal with stress and process emotion. Exercise or meditation is also great. A yoga class can be really, really beneficial. Trying a martial art or Tai Chi. There are lots of possibilities. Just make a list of things that might interest you and might also be nourishing, healthy, sober ways to spend your time and / or expose yourself to new people. Breaking out of our habits and out of seclusion are really key to evolving into a healthy sobriety.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope the day went well, Soberish.