Notices

Day two...

Old 09-24-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day two...

went to docs yesterday, who sent me to A and E. Given a drip of vitamins and some medsto calm anxiety and shaking. Going back to docs shortly for prescription to carry on anxiety meds. Anyone having these withdrawals should go down this route. It definately helps. They also checked my bloods and was given the all clear. Next step I have called the AA and am hopefully having a meet later on. Wish me luck. This isn't my first time detoxing....
Old 09-24-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Excellent, you know you're taking great steps toward recovery, and I'm glad you reached out to AA. Welcome to SR!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Update...
GP says they don't prescribe those meds anymore, and their advice and the local 'support centre' is I need to take small amounts of alcohol regularly until I can get on a detox program, at which point they can prescribe them. This can take 2 weeks. 😳. Funnily enough, being an alcoholic, I don't fancy relying on the fact I can take a limited amount of booze at all. So wish me luck detoxing by myself, and chatting here and to the AA I'm sure will help. NHS cutbacks eh!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi GravyTrain I'm in London there are lots of organisations that help with alcoholism pm for info

Any GP can help if you tell them your detoxing good luck with AA they saved my life