Notices

Injustice

Old 08-23-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Injustice

In a few moments, I'm going to write a letter to my live-in brother. He has been stealing from me for an unknown amount of time. He's been unemployed since April and doesn't contribute to anything. Since I started keeping some of things in a lockbox and had a lock installed on my bedroom door, he has completely stopped speaking to me. Our mother, who lives in the apartment below mine, has sided with him and has shown no concern for me. I've been sober since January and tried to quit smoking just before all of this unfolded, but the cigarettes eventually came back into my life (still sober, though). In my letter, I will tell him I know he was stealing and I know he's been getting into my now-lockable bedroom. I will tell him how hurt I am by his actions, how betrayed I feel. I will tell him something needs to change right now, whether it's having him leave or having me leave (though I have no car and few funds). I know he'll share my letter with Mom and I know each option for change will destroy my relationship with her. We were so close, my mother and I. Or so I thought. Writing this letter and leaving it for him to read is going to change everything and the change will not be positive. I won't fool myself into thinking it will be. He is not the sort of person who easily admits to wrongdoing. He is also in an insecure mental state. He is prone to rage. I feel as if I'm throwing everything away for the sake of truth. And to protect myself. I think I'm posting this more to vent than for any sort of advice. I expect I'll need some professional help with things again very soon. Anyway, thanks for reading.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can msg me anytime bud as much as you wants if it helps you it helps me