Phone calls from my ex

Old 08-16-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Phone calls from my ex

So my ex decided to start calling the girls about a week ago. Phone calls last a couple of minutes. My oldest does not wabt to talk on the phone with her dad. While driving home tonight she asked me, "why does daddy even call-I don't wabt to talk to him ever again". The night before she asked me if he could come over so she could forgive him for what he's done. She asked me the other night out if nowhere: "is daddy still drinking alcohol?" And I replied, "I think so, babe". She got angry and stomped away, "he's never going to stop drinking, is he".

I don't even know what to think but I do know she's hurting immensely and again is starting to have a hard time with things since the calls began. She had finally settled down after almost a year of nightmares, acting out, etc. My heart hurts for her. SO badly.

Just asking for prayers for her tonight. Please.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh prayers for sure, For. That is hard. Can you get her into some therapy that is Christian based?
Old 08-16-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She's in counseling. Her counselor is great and has helped her use her voice. I know God has her but she's hurting and that just plain sucks.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh babe, I am so sorry.

My kids are hurting right now too. Their father basically just told them that he will drink and if they don't like it they don't have to see him. What a blow, they feel like he is picking drinking over them. Even though they are educated on alcoholism, and know it's a disease, that does not minimize the hurt.

Many hugs and prayers for you and your DD!