Notices

Wanting to be weak

Old 08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanting to be weak

I'm having a very hard time lately. Sober for 8 months, non-smoker since July 2. The hard time has nothing to do with cravings (I don't really have them very often). My living situation has me stressed out to the max (I live with my unemployed brother who has been stealing from me and I can't kick him out or leave for various reasons). My relationship with my mother is very strained because of this (she sides with him and has no concern for me or how I'm doing). I love my job, but I work with a bunch of people I don't particularly get along with. In addition to staying sober and not smoking, I've been steadily improving my diet and exercising daily. I'm trying to be strong and do all of the right things through this incredibly stressful time, but I want to be weak, even if it's just for a moment. I feel very weighed down by everything, even to the point of wanting to disappear. I find that I become irritable very easily, so I often put myself in little time-outs. Part of me wonders if I'm doing too much at once. Should I have quit smoking? Was it the right time? It's probably irrational, but I can't help but wonder. Why can't I be weak?
Old 08-09-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fwiw its worth i think your doing great if your brother is stealing and you cant leave how about a decent lock on the door

sorry for your situation
Old 08-09-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi scrappy

I'm sorry thing are a little bit of a challenge right now. The thing is - going backward is likely to make things worse, not better.

It doesn't seem right to me that you're responsible for your brothers accommodation and general well being, especially if you're finding you're overwhelmed by that.

I hope you can find a solution.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The brother's got to go. Stop accommodating him and make it an unpleasant place for him to be. He'll leave. Is he an addict? Your mom thinks so much of him make her take him...
8 months is amazing. Don't ruin it! I know I don't really know your situation, but I'm well familiar with the doormat routine...