Notices

Expectations

Old 07-23-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Expectations

Expectations.. Whats the point? It seems I may expect the worst and yet great things can happen. I may expect the best and bad things can happen. If I just show up, put faith in god, roll with the punches, the only thing that changes is, I'm not stressing about it the "what if". Hard to do at times. I'm learning along the way. Grateful today!!
Old 07-23-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am grateful every day. I find it very helpful to count my blessings.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's good to try to let go of expectations as much as possible. I'm glad you're feeling good.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We have expectations because our brains are wired in ways that some of these actually serve our survival. Think about simple things such as acting to satisfy basic needs such as eating, drinking water, sleeping, shelter, defending ourselves from life threatening danger via fear, procreation, etc. The species would have never survived without using expectations to deal with these. Luckily however, we humans also possess higher-level executive functions in our brains that can regulate how these needs and other needs are satisfied, or not. When we don't soak that brain in addictive drugs
Old 07-23-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Seebrightly!!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great & learning to let go of expectations

Congrats
Old 07-23-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing well seebrightly

D
Old 07-23-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Perhaps the best thing of all for me is to remember that my serenity is inversely proportional to my expec tations. The higher my expectations the lower is my serenity. I can watch my serenity level rise when I discard my expectations. But then my “rights” try to move in, and they too can force my serenity level down. I have to discard my “rights,” as well as my expectations, by asking myself, How important is it, really? How important is it com- pared to my serenity, my emotional sobriety? And when I place more value on my serenity and sobriety than on anything else, I can maintain them at a higher level—at least for the time being.

I must keep my magic magnifying mind on my ac ceptance and off my expectations, for my serenity is directly proportional to my level of acceptance. When I remember this, I can see I’ve never had it so good