Notices

Meds aaaaaaaaaaarggggh!!

Old 08-30-2004, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Thumbs down Meds aaaaaaaaaaarggggh!!

I just got back from my pdoc.

He gives me samples because I don't have prescription coverage. This has been working for a year now.

Well, the buck (well the samples) stop here. He isn't getting samples of Wellbutrin any more so I'm SOL. And yes, I've tried the indigent program for Wellbutrin..... I'm on medicare, and Glaxo-Welcome will not take anyone on medicare.

I wonder how my depression will do when I'm unmedicated. I guess I'll find out.

GGGGGGGgggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :asmd: :uzi2: I wish we could put more emoticons so I could REALLY express my anger with the system.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Castaway

Moot,
I'm standing back since you're fully armed. I get the impression it's not a wise idea that you're off meds. Couldn't your doctor or nurse give you any alternatives? You're scaring me with all that artillery!
Sandy
Old 08-30-2004, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

LOL LOL Sandy!

He still has me on Remeron....... he has samples of that. I don't know how its going to do on its own. We'll see.

The artillery is pointed at the System which has caused the problem LOL.

He's going to the hospital he works at tomorrow and seeing if he can scrounge up some Wellbutrin. He doesn't know if there is any but he is going to look.

He put me on wellbutrin because thats the med he had samples of. He doesn't have samples of any other antidepressants except Remeron.

He also had me on Risperidol, which helped with the anxiety. However, I had a rare side effect to Risperidol..... my prolactin levels went wild.

An unmedicated Moot is not a good thing LOL LOL
Old 08-30-2004, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Moot,

Are you a little upset?

I'm sorry that the system is letting you down big time. I hope that the Remeron works on its own, or that the dr finds more Wellbutrin samples. It's sad that people are put into a situation like this.

I wish you well!

Love, Anna
Old 08-30-2004, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Are you a little upset?
nope alot upset

What's sad is that I'm not the only one. There are lots of mentally ill on the streets or in prison cuz they can't get medicated.

Luckily, I am very aware of what's happening, so I'll be able to monitor myself and sign into the hospital if needed. Also, my doc has pulled a few miracles out of his hat, so I'm not discounting him. I know he'll get on Glaxo-Welcome's ass for some samples. Now we have to wait for him to succeed.

Thankyou for your well wishes, Anna