Notices

Each Day a New Beginning June 27

Old 06-27-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~sb

Each Day a New Beginning June 27

Each Day a New Beginning
June 27

Quote: Often God shuts a door in our face, and then subsequently opens the door through which we need to go.
—Catherine Marshall

We try and try to control the events of our lives. And not seldom the events in others’ lives, too. The occasions are frequent when our will conflicts with God’s. Then for a time we feel at a loss. Our direction is uncertain. But always, always, another door opens. A better way beckons. How stubborn we are! And how simple life would be were we to daily, fully, turn our will and our lives over to the care of God. God’s help and direction in all things are always available. Turning a deaf ear is like trying to find a seat in a darkened movie theater unaided by the usher.

Every experience is softened when we face it accompanied by our higher power. Any past struggle, any present fear, is a testament to our attempts to do it alone. Too frequently we forge ahead, alone, only to have our way blocked. The detours need never be there. No door closes unless there is a better way. Divine order will prevail.

There is no need to struggle, today. I will breathe deeply and take my higher power with me, wherever I go. And the doors will be open for as far as I can see.