Notices

Plans

Old 06-23-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Plans go to hell as soon as the first shot is fired" -Lee Child

It's always good to have a general plan. But adaptability and flexibility are the real keys to success in life. And definitely in sobriety.

Part of my intense frustration with life was things not going the way I intended them to. People not doing what I felt they should. Places never meeting up to my expectations. I projected myself far beyond my pay-grade. The result was considerable heartache. And heartburn. A state of restless, irritable, and discontent. How freeing it was to be told I could live for just the next 24 hours. That I didn't have to spend huge chunks of time planning and predicting the future. Because it wouldn't happen the way I planned anyway. What a relief! The past was concerning for me. But it was always the future that twisted up my insides.

I still have a savings account, insurance, and some general ideas about how I would like my later years to unfold. But, today, I don't hold onto those ideas with an iron grip. Choosing instead to let the Director do His job and sort out the fine details.

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"I make all the plans I want, as long as I don't project the outcome. I plan, not project" - Pocket sponsor

Anger and frustration is often a measure of the difference between what you planned for and what you ended up with. Funny how sometimes it works out for the best anyway.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well said Johno,
I was unusually angry and frustrated the last few days, it has been unsettling, your post really summed up what has been going on with me, I need to accept the outcome of my plans. I also came to the conclusion if I can't do something with grace better not to do it at all and not inflict my anger and frustration on others. It's like when I try to do the right thing but end up frustrated and angry.

"No good deed goes unpunished", this never made sense to me before but I now .
have a better understanding that it's not what I do but how I go about doing it.

CaiHong
Old 06-25-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi.
I often chuckle when my plan doesn’t work out by thinking “I plan, God laughs!”

Another one I like is “It’s OK to plan ahead, just don’t plan the outcome.”

BE WELL