Notices

i dont know

Old 06-18-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i dont know

hi everybody I am writting today just to try and find an understanding of my position, I am begining to think that I might have a chemical imbalance in my brain because I am busy repeating the same f&$% up every month I just got hired by a new company that offered me way more than I was getting at my past job I have only worked there two week and this was supposed to b my third but guess what I haven't been to work since monday yesterday I managed to pull my self together and go only to get caught by the breatherliser at the gate so I was told to go back home today when I woke up I was a complete mess and late and I knew if I attempted to go to work the breatherliser was goin to pick up the alcohol from last nite I just dont understand whats wrong with me I mean people drink but still manage to wake up an go to work, I have no clear memory of this past weekend because I was on a binge since friday all I know is that I had an argument with my childs mother when I went to see my child can anybody shed some light as to what might be wrong with I am currently living alone an it has been terible no friends or family close so I just turn to the bottle for companionship
Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
Sounds like your companion is getting the best of you.
Alcohol was my trusted companion, too, until it turned on me and by then I was a full blown alcoholic.
It also sounds like you have a lot to lose from drinking. I did, too. And it happened. I lost it all. But still I drank, and for a good reason- I was addicted to alcohol.
It took help for me to quit alcohol, with many missteps and relapses. But I never gave up trying. AA saved my life.
You're not alone. This is a great place for support.

I hope your situation improves. It isn't easy to quit drinking, but you get your life back as an incentive.
I wish you the best.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mraloneza,

Your story sounds very familiar to me and I am sure to many others here. You are addicted to alcohol. It makes me sad that you find yourself in this situation, but the good news is there is hope and there is a way out. There will be others along to offer advice and help. I have been sober for just over three months now and the best advice I can give is to stop drinking. There are many great resources here to help you to do just that. I hope you find your way my friend. I know I have found mine since coming here. AVRT was the right way for me, but there are different paths that work for other people too. Be kind to yourself and put the bottle down, that's the first step. See medical help if you fear bad withdrawals. We'll support you, we are here for you. x
Old 06-18-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by mraloneza View Post
hi everybody I am writting today just to try and find an understanding of my position, I am begining to think that I might have a chemical imbalance in my brain because I am busy repeating the same f&$% up every month I just got hired by a new company that offered me way more than I was getting at my past job I have only worked there two week and this was supposed to b my third but guess what I haven't been to work since monday yesterday I managed to pull my self together and go only to get caught by the breatherliser at the gate so I was told to go back home today when I woke up I was a complete mess and late and I knew if I attempted to go to work the breatherliser was goin to pick up the alcohol from last nite I just dont understand whats wrong with me I mean people drink but still manage to wake up an go to work, I have no clear memory of this past weekend because I was on a binge since friday all I know is that I had an argument with my childs mother when I went to see my child can anybody shed some light as to what might be wrong with I am currently living alone an it has been terible no friends or family close so I just turn to the bottle for companionship
Seems like alcohol is creating problems in your life. Have you considered living sober?
Old 06-18-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, mraloneza. Hope you'll give sobriety a chance to work for you. You never have to feel this way again--first step is not taking that first drink no matter what.

Hope to see you check in regularly here. There's a lot of great wisdom and support to be found in these forums.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're an alcoholic.

Do you want to stop drinking? If so, we're here to support you.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR
Old 06-18-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You say you don't know what's wrong with you. Yet you came here to this site. I suspect you have a very good idea of where there problem is. If you are in any doubt, then these questions might help you reflect on it... Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You? Twelve questions only you can answer

It 'sounds like' you're a fairly typical alcoholic from what you have said so far, but only you can make those judgements really. It also sounds like life really is getting quite unmanageable for you, and drinking has a brilliant knack of making things a lot worse for us than they would be otherwise.

I hope you decide to stop digging now. You deserve to be more than you're allowing yourself to be at the moment.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Beccybean nailed it. I think the work thing would stop me in my tracks. All I can say is that I support you 100% in your effort to get sober. What a shame it would be to lose that brand new shiny job you got.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, sounds like you have two good motivators to get sober, your child and your new job. Hope you will stick around on SR, you will find lots of support here.;-)
Old 06-18-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I could only get useful mental health treatment when I got clean and sober. I did need therapy and medication and I do to this day. A lot of stuff has happened since I got clean and sober. I've gotten in legal trouble, and my children won't talk to me and their Father, I haven't made it easy on him and so he is trying to deal with his anger. Through all of this? I'm clean and sober. Today sucked. I'm clean and sober. My sister won't let me in her house, and my Dad hides his medication when I come over (still-after a year and a half). Point? I'm still alive. You are too. Keep trying, get up every day and keep trying. Eventually it will work-when you are ready, it will work.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mraloneza!!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

like latte I need medication too.......and I went for cbt cognitive behavior therapy before the medication.....This is the soberest year I've had in at least 23 years.......and I'm trying again. Don't give up, your worth it.