Notices

Tides

Old 05-18-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today we say goodbye to a dear friend of the program. Married to our grand "old timer" Mike, Mrs. Suzy Shivers. Not only did I come to know Suzy again upon entering recovery. But I had grown up around her, her husband Mike, and her children who were my age. We went to school together. Played baseball and basketball together. Left our small town for the day and went to the big city together. Toilet papered the neighbors houses together. And shared many fun times between my family and theirs.

As I will not be able to attend the memorial, I decided to ride my bike down close to where it will be held. My own personal church, Cibilo Creek. And say a prayer. It has been raining non-stop for well over a week here and her banks runneth over. Water typically still is now rushing and lapping at the sides. As I sat at the edge, scooping up and dousing my head and face with the cool revitalizing water, I watched the small waves crash on the shore. I was reminded of what a great friend once remarked to me. That we all originate like waves from a giant ocean. We rise and move towards the beach head where we settle down for just a moment in time. Then retreat back to the Source.

There are some waves which rise to greater heights than others. Suzy was one of those waves.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's lovely Mike. So sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great lady and a great life.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
That's lovely Mike. So sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great lady and a great life.
She was. That service was incredible. A true celebration of a life well lived.