How I am making a happy Sunday

Old 04-05-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How I am making a happy Sunday

My husband was in a lousy mood last night after drinking a lot of booze in a short amount of time. He was following me downstairs to fill up the kids Easter baskets, and he fell down the stairs and spilled his drink all over me.

I've done worse when under the influence, but I lost my temper. I was shaken afterwards by the intensity of my feelings. Thankfully, drinking never crossed my mind.

Instead I forgave myself for losing my temper. He passed out shortly thereafter and I figured there was no sense in keeping myself awake stressing over someone who knocked themselves unconscious with booze. I'm trying to do my part to keep my side of the street clean.

The ups and downs associated with his drinking are predictable, but the roller coaster of moods are exhausting. They're more like a Ferris wheel run by insane clowns!! When he's drunk he's in good spirits but is not respecting my sobriety. When he's dry he's unpleasant company.

I want a life that's not just free of drinking, but also entrenched in recovery. Slowly but surely I'm making progress towards a life that's right for me.

Earlier in the week I realized I can either start the day sulking over what's wrong or I could make it a nice day. Today I'm doing the latter. On the agenda are Easter baskets, egg hunts, a day with grandparents, aunts and cousins, as well as some lazy relaxed time for me. Have a good day everyone!!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

lmao:lma

gleefan....

"a ferris wheel run by insane clowns".

Happy Easter!
dandylion