An Attitude of Gratitude

Old 04-02-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An Attitude of Gratitude

There is a chalkboard on the back of my front door. Recently, in the mornings before we leave the house I've been writing down something that I'm grateful for and asking both of my daughters what makes them happy (my youngest is still too little to understand gratitude) and I write all 3 of our answers on the board. Now if I forget my 3 year old makes me go back in the house so we can write down our gratitudes because she loves thinking of things that make her happy. <3 My sweet girl.

AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST GRATITUDES!!!

Somedays when I'm grumpy I struggle to find something "good enough" to be grateful for, like my gratitude has to be deep and meaningful. Today my 3 year old was grateful for pizza. My youngest was grateful for her sister. The day before it was ladybugs (because they're bugs but they aren't scary) and almond butter. All of the stuff they are happy about/grateful for is absolutely awesome!

So today, I'm grateful for my daughters. They make me stop and realize how freaking awesome the little things are. Like non-scary bugs! And delicious food!

What are you grateful for today?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this post. I'm grateful we have a long weekend and grateful we spent forever playing at a great park tonight.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is awesome, thanks for sharing
I am grateful for my daughter too. She's growing up so quickly (she is almost 1) and everyday is so different. She is trying so hard to walk at the moment and it's so cute to see her find new independence and be proud of herself.

I'm also grateful for my parents. They are helping me so much through this difficult time. I don't know where I would be without their help.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are building some solid memories for them Stung, and very happy ones I might add.

Love this post!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am grateful that my prayers are answered. Always. Maybe not in the way I thought but always in the way things should be.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So many things..... I've been re-connecting with my gratitude over the last couple of weeks myself. I had somehow fallen out of practice with it lately. I like naming the first 3 things that pop into my mind as soon as I wake up. My half-asleep self is very honest & simple; I'm sometimes surprised at what floats up.

Today I'm grateful for having a holiday day off from work at the same time that our # came up for free museum tickets. Even better that my bestie's DD has been asking to go & this is a great way to show them gratitude since she just took my DD for 3 days of awesome activities during spring break. Then shopping. And lunch. And maybe we'll check out a new acupuncture place I have my eye on. And buy some new crystals for my office. Grateful for fun days with great friends, these are the days that make memories.... Already charging my good camera.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love this post too! My list is huge, so I will just list three. I am grateful for my family. My girls are my life, and I have the best parents and sister ever.

I am grateful that Jesus died for me. I am trying to keep Easter into perspective and appreciate it for what it actually means instead of getting caught up into all the hype. Going to church tonight.

I am grateful for my home. It has been very stormy here. It is not the biggest or the best, but it is mine. It keeps shelter over our heads and we live there in comfort, happily.

Thanks for this thread Stung. I think your girls are amazing, this is soooo sweet! I am going to get a chalk board for my house this weekend, I just saw some really cute ones at hobby lobby. Great idea, thank you for sharing!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Love this, Stung! I am grateful for my pretty, yet comfortable robe that I am wearing as I write this. I am grateful for the delicious coffee and smoothies that my husband makes for us every morning. I am grateful for the restful week off my family has had for spring break.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for clarity and serenity. I'm not sure how long I will have it, but I'm not gonna focus on that.... I'm going to focus on the fact that I do have some of that now. And for that, I am grateful.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love this post! Grateful for a snuggly cat next to me as I recover from a nasty cold
Old 04-03-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that some awesome person took the time to post such a unique, cool idea (that I'm now going to steal.) I love this. Thanks, Stung!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love this! Thank you.
I'm going to remember this when my boys get a little older
Old 04-03-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I"m grateful that my children are all relatively healthy & happy
Old 04-03-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for the 2 best dogs in the world who live w/me. I'm grateful for the yard full of birds I see every day when I look out my kitchen window. I'm grateful I found some comfortable yet sturdy work shoes for a reasonable price.

And I'm grateful for pizza, too...

Old 04-03-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This is fantastic! I;m with your kids today, I have nothing deep or meaningful, even though there are plenty of things for me to be grateful for..

Today I am grateful for deep cycle batteries and pulled pork.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lovely post Stung!

Today I am grateful I have decent vision.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that a friend came and hung the new dining table light for me after AH smashed the last one in the rage that landed him in jail and subsequently rehab (he's still there)

I am grateful for my ability to replace the striker plate on the door into the garage - it wouldn't stay shut which let cold air in and had the cat sneaking out all the time.

I am grateful that I was able to afford food for Easter dinner and goodies for my kiddos Easter baskets - and will have chocolate leftover for me too!

I am most grateful that I feel and see my Higher Power working slowly in my life and watching over my AH and my precious kids.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

And I also think I'm going to steal this idea and get my kids on board as well. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Whew! I am having a terrible work day and my friends are going haywire in my social media and texts. I looked up and said, "Is it a full moon or what?" And my co-worker replied, "Actually, yes. It's a full moon tomorrow."

SO... I'm grateful for the moon, having a sense of humor, only having an eight hour workday, a two-day weekend, and a job that (mostly) pays my bills. I'm grateful for my healthy kids, my health, my bike, warm weather, and that my boss is out on PTO today.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am grateful for God, a quiet day of rest, a warm home, my husband, our children and our growing family. I'm grateful for friends, babies, clean water and good health. I'm grateful for deep breaths, sitting at peace in a moment and being aware instead of doing. I'm grateful for movement, ability and getting things done.

I'm grateful for my sponsor, SR friends, guidance, connecting to life.

I'm grateful that this cold day will pass. I am grateful for wool socks and warm clothes!