Notices

Weight Loss and Skin

Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weight Loss and Skin

I have been abstinent for about 2.5 weeks. I am starting to feel a bit better because now that I am sober, I remember to take my anti-depressants and other mandatory medications.

I have lost a whopping 13 pounds since I stopped drinking and started to take my medication regularly.I was in the normal weight range for my height but now I am comfortably in a healthy range. I was drinking approximately 8 beers per day at 150 calories each, which is an extra 1,200 calories per day. Gross.

I also noticed that my elbows and heels are not really cracked anymore. I really think my skin was like that because I was constantly dehydrated. I also drink a lot of water now -- maybe because it is a novelty.

Weight loss stories anyone? How has your body changed since you got sober? I am curious about others' experience.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've lost about 40 some of which I didn't need too. Pretty dramatic. I think a lot of it is I drink so much water now. I wish I had pulled up the exercise so it wouldn't look so drastic but out was all I could do to shower some days!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not so lucky as I haven't lost a pound but I replaced my booze with Diet Coke. Finally decided to drop the DC and see if that is holding up my love handles.

Congrats on your sober time and weight loss
Old 04-01-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Up two pounds! Exercising lots. Eating lots. Terrible skin, worse than when I was a teen. WTF??? And ha.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2 1/2 months, 20+ pounds. Not sure exactly because I didn't start weighing myself until I was a couple weeks into a workout routine.

The right side of my face had become a red, splotchy, flakey mess. That's pretty much cleared up. Still a little pink, but not splotchy or flakey. Doesn't look abnormal, just a slight blush.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on your 2.5 weeks Pouncer
Old 04-01-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I lost weight the first time I quit (got a little over 2 months). Lost about 10 pounds during that time, another 15 even when I started drinking again, just from having adopted some healthier lifestyle choices.

Now I'm a little over two weeks in and, though I don't have a scale to know for sure, I think I've gained weight. Been using food a little bit as a crutch. Probably about time to stop that before I make another hard-to-break habit!

BUT, I feel healthier, especially on the weekends when I would usually be laid up in bed for a day. And I'll take a couple pounds over throwing back the pounders any day

Glad to hear you are seeing such positive results! Imagine how much your body must be thanking you right now!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I had lost some weight over nine months sober, then quit smoking and blew up like a Macy's day float!!!

However, now I can breathe again I will start an exercise regime.......Dang, I like cookies and ice cream though.