Notices

Reading between the lines.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reading between the lines.

I just want to pass on some things I learned I wish I knew growing up. It never clicked in my head till now. The world is meant to be full of mixed messages, to weed out weak minds. Trying to make since of the world can drive people crazy. I could not figure out where I fit in or even how to fit in to coexist. I had a dramatized family and personal life growing up. I self medicated my life shortly after my dad passed away 3 months before my 12th birthday. I kept going deeper in my rabbit whole with each alcohol drink and bad indecisions for along time, like my whole life pretty much. My family really sucks !!! Although I do not believe in god, having experienced church at a young age with a childhood friend. It gave me a since of hope. But that friend moved away and I was left with wrong friends, wrong family more so an evil sister. Long story short. How I think about this quote today: Reading between the lines is different than I once thought. Reading between the lines is not what you think about what you see, hear from others or anything outside of yourself. Between the lines is where you stand, what you believe in or about yourself. I had a bad habit of reading too much into what everyone else says or does. Unresolved mental issues also kept me going in circles trying to figure out what was holding back. Over focus ADD is one I wish I figured out. My best advise is this. If you want to be happy, don't think about it, just do it, just dance, just sing, just get involved with the world around you and just LOVE...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow - you almost threw me for a loop till the very end. I guess once I understood your post, that process actually proved your point. Stop trying to figure it out, and just live. Amen!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the pain in your past.
I know you'll find a lot of support here.

Welcome tideskipper

D
Old 03-29-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Tideskipper
Old 03-29-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you've been through a lot and come a long way.