Checking in!

Old 03-27-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in!

Hi everyone!

I've not been on the computer much now that I have a working vehicle again!

I'm okay. Have applied for several jobs that I can do until I can save up enough money to get my student loan stuff squared away and get my nursing license re-instated. There is one I REALLY want, working at the city's humane society.....I would absolutely love it.
The kicker with that position is that the person in charge of hiring is AH's friend!
He said he would stop by their house and tell them I've applied and am really interested in the position. I'm so passionate about animals/animal rights.

So, hopefully, maybe, soon I'll be employed again. I've been stalking their employment page for a while waiting for the opening.
Fingers crossed. I sooooooo need a job.

As far as for AH, he alternates between being really nice and supportive and being the complete opposite. For example he was here last night packing up his clothes (he's been sleeping over at his sons apt I believe on their couch) and he came into the bedroom and while walking out said "I really, really hate you." And goes on to tell me that he's not paying for anything here at all anymore. That rent is due ($850), propane is just about totally empty (on 1%) water needs to be delivered to our cistern, ect. And he's not paying for anything. And good luck to me.

Later in the evening, he wants to hug and tell me that he's sorry for being such an ******* and he won't ever leave me stranded here without a place to live or without propane, water, food, ect...

He's CRAZY. Such an up and down roller coaster. I'm so ready to be done with it.

So, that's my update really. He's in the process of moving the rest of his stuff out of here.
I have an appt with social services to find out about cash assistance I'm eligible for until I have a job.

My emotions are still all over the place, but maybe a little less as days go by.
I started going to church last Sunday and will be going to Celebrate Recovery there every Thursday night starting next Thursday.

My 17yo left today with her friend and her family for a week in Florida, I'm glad she can get away and hope she has a great time. The family is footing most of the bill for it with my oldest daughter and AH giving her some money to put towards the trip. She graduates May 29th. I can't believe it, after all these years of raising 7 kids and the youngest one is about to go off the college soon!

I'll be divorced and an empty-nester. It will be a whole new world! Kind of exciting!

Anyhow, that's my update. I hope you all are doing well, and making progress in your lives.

I love you all and SR! Y'all have played an important part of saving my life
XXOO

Last edited by pinkpeony; 03-27-2015 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Pink!
So good to hear from you and it sounds like you've been working hard.

It's fantastic that your car is working and that you are actively getting out
with other people, working on your recovery, and job-hunting.

Please keep us posted but you being free busy is good news to us all
Old 03-27-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOOO HOOO Pink enjoy your freedom and I hope you get that job!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

pink....you have no idea how happy I am to hear this positive post from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have worried over you...LOL. I just k new that if you could get out of the isolation--you could get the positive snowball rolling!!
Spring is also on the doorstep...and that, in itself should give you renewed hope.

I agree with you....he is F*****-up. He is abusive. I am so glad that you can see that!!!

Please continue to keep us filled in as to how things are going for you.
That also helps others who may be feeling "trapped" and discouraged and see no way out.

dandylion

***You are still so young...and, there is so much life in front of you.

"You have brains in your head
and feet in your shoes...
You can direct it
any way that you choose...

(from Dr. Seus)
Old 03-27-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay Pink - you sound like you are working hard and feeling positive about things. ROOTING FOR YOU!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad to hear all's going so well!

The job sounds wonderful, but the connection to your husband makes me just a tad leery. Can he hold that over your head if you get the job? Threaten to say/do something that would cause you to lose it? Just think it through very carefully. If doing something on behalf of animals is your passion, there are also jobs with vets, with pet-sitting services and groomers, even places like PetSmart, which offers adoption services in cooperation with local shelters.

I hope getting to CR on a regular basis will help you, too. Glad to hear you sounding so upbeat!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Pink...hugs girl! You sound so good!!!!! I am so very happy for you..so happy you are finding your way. I'm still praying for you and your continued success!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Glad to hear all's going so well!

The job sounds wonderful, but the connection to your husband makes me just a tad leery. Can he hold that over your head if you get the job? Threaten to say/do something that would cause you to lose it? Just think it through very carefully. If doing something on behalf of animals is your passion, there are also jobs with vets, with pet-sitting services and groomers, even places like PetSmart, which offers adoption services in cooperation with local shelters.

I hope getting to CR on a regular basis will help you, too. Glad to hear you sounding so upbeat!
I'm not worried about that at all, Lexie. That's not his style and he NEEDS me to be employed
Thanks for the concern and looking out for us all!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice to read about the positivity in your original post. Rooting for you to get that job!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Loved to hear you are moving forward Pinkpeony!

Keep going You are doing great!

So good to read your positive post and loving all that positive moving forward energy. I am going to take a bit of that for myself....thank you )

Take care Phiz
Old 03-27-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Pink, you are an awesome blossom!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You sound good Pink.
Thanks for the update
Old 03-27-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are going well for you. I hope you get the job you want.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Pink-
So happy you are out and about. Good luck with the job, I hope you get it!!

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) this is going to be your year!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ooohhh! I loved reading this! I'm so glad things are looking up. You sound focused and positive. Love it!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Whoo hooo! I'm so glad things are getting better. AH still sounds like a jerkwad, but you seem to be handling it well.

It's so funny, if I wouldn't have went into nursing, I would have went in for a vet tech... So I totally get the animal thing. I'll be praying that you get that job.

Keep your head up girlie! You are so strong and courageous. I'm just so thrilled to hear from you!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

All my fingers and toes crossed for you getting the job. Step one leading to freedom. You will do it!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Pinkpeony - You sound Great! I have worried for you too. There are many of us here that are rooting for you.

Peonies will be blooming soon, and SO WILL YOU!
Old 03-28-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

thank you so much everyone

he was here last night and was in his ranting mood, so he was just criticizing me non-stop (I stay silent when he does this nowadays) I'm the biggest disappointment of his life, I treat everyone who does anything for me like sh*t, I have a horrible attitude and treat people who care about me terribly......and on and on. blah, blah, blah.

So to come here and get encouragement & be uplifted is so awesome, I'm so thankful to you all.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A work in progress

The sooner you're out of there, the better.