Commit Yourself to Recovery

Old 03-26-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Commit Yourself to Recovery

Committed

Today, you are committed to something. What is it?

Are you committed to just getting by, to just getting through the day with as little effort as possible? Or are you committed to something greater, something magnificent and exciting and fulfilling?

Whatever you’re truly committed to, is exactly what you’ll achieve. Whatever you’re truly committed to, determines the kind of life that you lead.

Within you is a vision that longs to be brought to life. It’s a vision that deserves your full commitment.

Commitment to your most profound vision is not easy, and will ask much of you. Yet you know it is the best choice.

Make that choice, make that commitment to the best that’s within you, again and again, each moment of each day. And the life you create, your own life, will be nothing short of outstanding.

— Ralph Marston
Old 03-26-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I remember early in my recovery, stumbling around, two steps forward and three steps back and then I wondered why I could not find my balance.

I made a conscious decision to "commit" myself to something, for me it was to find a meeting and committing myself to sticking with it. If I decided I didn't like it, I committed myself to staying until I found something else to fill the void and help me with my recovery.

In the end, I found CoDA and Al-anon and embraced both. I committed myself to taking time each day to pray and meditate. I committed myself to find a sponsor and work the steps, one by one, no matter how hard or how long it took.

I committed myself to my recovery and building a daily and weekly plan that would keep me strong, courageous, inspired and faithful to taking care of me. There were times I was ready to give up, and worse...there were times I became complacent, but I learned quickly to stay on the path and my life would be better and sure enough, it is.

I love this reading, nobody says it better than Ralph.

Hugs