Notices

Not sure where to start

Old 03-16-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Not sure where to start

I am the spouse of a drug addict, it started with painkillers and now is benzos. He was an addict before I met him. went through rehab, and I am now not sure how long or if he even was ever sober when we got together. He had hidden it very well until he started taking too many. I am extremely frustrated at this point. We have been together 2 years now and for the last year it has been an uphill battle. He has left me many times, even while I was pregnant. When he finally told me the truth last year, he admmitted to taking klonopin, and alot of it for a few months. He detoxed off that over the course of a couple months, in that time we finally got him into see a psychiatrist who diagnosed him with severe anxiety and depression. he has been put on meds, and they have helped alot, but he is still taking lorazepam and valium, at least he was up until 2 weeks ago. He took lorazepam and zoplicone on top of his prescribed meds whih are seroquel and cipralex. he went nuts and became violent, ( he is NOT a violent person at all, quite the opposite, non confrontational). He pinned me down, punched me in the jaw and twisted my wrist so badly it bruised. I called the police because i was scared of him. I have 4 children 3 from previous relationship and one together. thankfully my older children were not here. What I am struggling with right now though is that he doesnt seem to get it. he is going to meetings and aa but is living on his own, when i ask him what the plan is he stonewalls me, just says that he wants to take things slow, and get batter so he can be better for us, but that just doesnt work for me, being a partner and a parent is a fulltime job that i am having to do on my own again. I find it a ridiculous excuse that he gets to come and go as he pleases and when its convienent for him. I am so angry and frustrated that he has put us in this situation then does nothing to help it, I ask him questions about how things are going to go when he can come etc, I just am so mad!! he has been so utterly selfish and now hes being even more selfish! I have no idea what to do anymore. I have told him that if he doesnt start giving me clear answers and makes a plan with me than there is no hope for our relationship. Nothing works
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lotusflower - welcome

I think you have a right to decide what you'll put up with and what you won't.

I know you'll find a lot of support here, and in our Family and Friends forums too

you're among friends here

D
Old 03-16-2015, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, I will go there.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lotusflower!!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Physical violence would be a complete and total deal-breaker for me.