I need help, new here

Old 03-08-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pie
Pie

I need help, new here

Hi all,

I've been reading your posts including stickies for a month now. They have been very helpful. So thank you all

I'm Scandinavian and English is not my first language so please don't bash me but I have an inkling that you will not do that

I'm a spouse of a drug addict, been for a four and half years now. My spouse went through a tough rehab-rehabilitation-system, and to my knowledge, he's been clean for 11 monts, but there's a but.

Insomnia.

I will be back later, willl post asap
Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pie
Pie

So, the problem we are constantly facing is insomnia, and my spouse has a contact with psychiatric clinic, but obviously they don't prescribe him any sleeping meds because of his past use of drugs. He has tried every single OTC sleeping aids, melatonin, magnesium, etc...
This is getting really searious, because his sleepless nights are up to 3-4 and he's going mental (is it how u say it?), like walking to walls and speaking like he is on drugs! He has been waiting to be taken inpatient to really examine his condition, but there's no progress...

I'll tell you guys more later, it's too late here
Old 03-08-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Pie.

I would imagine that your husband could go to an emergency room, if he is that miserable. They know that going without sleep is a serious health problem.

hope things get better soon!
chicory
Old 03-08-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hello Pie, a professional sleep clinic might be the best way, but I think you said he's on a waiting list for that.

Has he considered an alternative practitioner? He would have to see a reputable one and tell them about his drug history.

Whatever happens, remember it's his problem, not yours, so try not to buy into it too much.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I'm Scandinavian and English is not my first language so please don't bash me but I have an inkling that you will not do that
You thought right, pie. Welcome to the Board.

Is this is first bout with insomnia?
Old 03-10-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My husband had terrible insomnia for weeks, then I found out he relapsed on meth. (Not to accuse your husband of anything like that, but I wanted to share my experience.)
Old 03-10-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ella213 View Post
My husband had terrible insomnia for weeks, then I found out he relapsed on meth. (Not to accuse your husband of anything like that, but I wanted to share my experience.)
My thoughts exactly.