Notices

Day 6: 2lbs down and feeling great! Long post sorry x

Old 03-07-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6: 2lbs down and feeling great! Long post sorry x

Howdy all! Just popping in to say a cheery hello

Day 6 here and doing well! Only felt 2 AV moments today - 1 when my husband messaged to ask if I want a bottle of wine picking up with our takeaway, and 2 when I went to get him anew beer from the fridge. (He's a very mild drinker btw, in case that sounds otherwise!)
Happy to report that the hesitation both times was quite short and I was proud to say no.

This time last week I was already drunk using neat cordial as a mixer for vodka, as we'd run out of anything else (desperatemeasures!) Tonight instead I'm laying in a turquoise bath bubbly stuff I've been meaning to use for ages, posting this and feeling content after a good day with the kids (I keep reading about snow?? You dont wanna know the weather/temp here lol, it's lovely!) I'm aching all over from 2 great nights of exercise too, and have lost 2lbs.

I haven't joined the weekender thread because the last few times I did I was drunk by Sunday and felt like a failure fraud! So I'm not jinxing it lol, But I'm finally getting the smallest shred of light and hope that maybe, just maybe, I can really do this!?? I really hope so. My first big test will be next weekend with hitting my personal best sober time of 2 weeks, plus a family visitor staying... but she's not a big drinker so no real pressure, just may be surprised at my c
abstinence. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it! But right now I'm feeling optimistic for a summer when I am not bloated and still-pregnant-looking avoiding bikinis etc. It's become crystal clear to me this week that alcohol and AV have been sabotaging my fitness!

Lastly...(gosh, sorry, long post!) I've been interested to see the effect of sobriety on erm, bedroom relations! Less libido but much better (and more memorable) experjence! My husband hasn't commented on me not drinking, just assumes it's part of my health kick. But he's impressed and has noticed I'm not bloated and in better shape,so thats nice

Here's to work tomorrow fresh as a daisy and not clutching the toilet bowl!! (eww, memory still fresh!!) Hope everybody is having a good weekend x
Old 03-07-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post Cowgirlie congrats on day 6

keep on keepin on
Old 03-07-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic Cowgirlie!! Keep it going!!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you!

I should point out that the takeaway is a rare treat and I'm fully aware its not helpful to health and fitness lol!!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you gave yourself a treat takeaway sounds tasty
Old 03-07-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cowgirlie View Post
Thank you!

I should point out that the takeaway is a rare treat and I'm fully aware its not helpful to health and fitness lol!!
I wouldn't worry about the takeaway, one battle at a time, Sobriety is a great foundation for everything else later on!!
Old 03-07-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job cowgirlie...6 days and counting. You CAN do it. Many of us here thought we couldn't and are here to say it is possible. Gradually the time builds and it gets easier. Hang in there...you are doing great!