Notices

First big night

Old 02-28-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First big night

Its my Dads 80th bithday today
He is is fantasitc health and we've arranged a celebration at a local pub/restaurant for around 50 of his friends and family.

He's been such a tremendous support in my recovery and I'm really looking forward to sharing a special evening with him.

It will also be the first big time that I've been to a pub since coming out of rehab in May last year. I'm slightly apprehensive but really hoping that all the hard work put into my recovery over the past few months will mean that I can enjoy the night and not go into battle mode with my AV.

So deep breath, here goes - let the party begin
Old 02-28-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Happy 80th to your dad! Best of luck. Don't rule our leaving as an option if things get too difficult. The fact that he is aware and supportive of your sobriety is big...remeber that. Very likely you will be asked to drink...just a shot or one beer to celebrate will be the logic. The momentous event will be used as a "pass" to drink as well, by others and by your own AV. Be prepared...because the temptation will be there.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What is a better gift than your sobriety! Congrats to both of you. Oh, and ditto what Scott said.

Have fun!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great your father is supporting you with your sobriety. It really helps me tremendously with my dads support. Have a great time at the party tonight!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope it all goes well!!
Old 02-28-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy 80th for your dad Mac i second what Scott said have an exit plan in case its too much or anything

You can have SR on your mobile
Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

All in all a lovely evening.

I took the advice on offer and only stayed to around 11pm, knowing that I didn't have to hang around helped.

No major cravings, just a few times the thought crept in that if I was to have a few drinks I could handle it better than in the past. Aye right! absolutely no chance - sadly I would be completely out of control within a very short time. I suppose that voice will hang around for quite a while yet. Was glad to get home to be honest and even happier to wake up yesterday morning hangover free