Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

32 days clean...when does your energy come back?

Notices

Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've been addicted to opiates for about 8 years. I had a year clean in 2011 then relapsed because of kidney stones early 2012. But For the past year I've pretty much been taking suboxone with tabs mixed in here and their. I weened myself down a good bit from the subs and now I'm 32 days clean. I'm still yawning a lot Andy energy level isn't their yet either. How long does it usually take for your energy level to get back up coming off Suboxone?
Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eklypised - I don't have experience with suboxone, but with short acting opiates I found it to be highly dependent on exercise. If I was just lying around doing nothing then the fatigue went on basically, indefinitely. If I was exercising even a light amount (20 mins aerobic 3x per week) it came back pretty quickly. With short acting opis I forget exactly when it came back, but at the 6 week mark it was considerably better with exercise. On a different withdrawal I didn't do much at all in the form of exercise and felt pretty crappy for months and months on end. What I failed to take into consideration was that I was living a lifestyle such that I was going to feel crappy without exercise. The drugs had masked that in the past. In that sense, it wasn't withdrawal. It was just a sedentary lifestyle issue.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ya man Ima start working out this week matter of fact....