Notices

New and scared whats to come after recovery!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and scared whats to come after recovery!

I have chronic back pain and I am scared as to whats going to happen when I get out of inpatient. I'm waiting to start an inpatient facility......I'm going bc I tend to use the pain medication as coping with lifes hard lessons instead of dealing with them. I don't have to have it every day b/c I've proven that in the past few weeks. If I have my meds from my doctor it makes me feel better b/c I know if I hurt then I have something. But my dad is holding them now and won't give me anything at all! I've proven to him that he can give me a weeks worth of my medicine at a time and after a few days having them he checked them and I actuall had extra left over. But b/c my stepmom didn't approve of me taking any at all he quit giving them to me. What I'm scared of is if I go in rehab and learn the tools i need to deal with life then is it bad of me to go to my doctor and get my meds as long as i don't abuse them by taking more then prescribed just b/c I get stressed??????
Old 02-24-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to the forum,

I think this would a great discussion to have with one of the counselors in rehab.

Just how bad is the physical pain? I've been to rehab. I've seen a lot - A LOT - of folks who are there for prescription pain meds that were given for legitimate reasons. And they just went further downhill over time. I would work on learning to get by without the pills. A good goal to have.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Beccahar

I have chronic pain too - my Dr knows everything - together we work out an effective pain relief schedule that involves as few 'risky options' as possible.

might be worth considering?
D
Old 02-24-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you becca. I'm glad you wanted to talk things over here.