Notices

the tale of a man that wouldn't listen or take advice

Old 02-24-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the tale of a man that wouldn't listen or take advice

I first logged in here over a year ago, I still had my family a job, and some friends. One year later, its all gone for the moment. I usually type long post, but this morning my time is better spent figuring out what I need to do and just doing it...... I don't need this one more minute.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a good first step TDG. What is your plan for today? Perhaps it would help if you could simply write down a list of the things you need to do, just for today.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EndGame

You've spent much of your time in the past year, Jeremy, "figuring out" what to do, and then not doing it. You already know what to do and, as the title of your OP suggests, you never do it.

Your life seems to have become a "tale" or story about someone else but you, something that you read and write about but never act on. There is no benefit to having a victim story. No matter how much we romanticize our failures in our victim stories, the stories themselves are pointless.

What else will you have lost in a year if you don't participate in inpatient treatment?
Old 02-24-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear you say this. I really hope you take the steps you need to take. It's not too late!!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

A big Hug to you Jeremy--------> (((((HUGs))))))))
Old 02-24-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Real sorry to hear of your troubles bro'

No matter - just get back up again

You're not alone
Old 02-24-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

prayers that when you stop trying to figure something out.. that you just take a minute to say in the mirror why what the Hell is this.. and know you have to have others to help.. prayers from a Wife of just such a man.. and love from just a lady clown with her own monkey on her back.. ardy

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I first logged in here over a year ago, I still had my family a job, and some friends. One year later, its all gone for the moment. I usually type long post, but this morning my time is better spent figuring out what I need to do and just doing it...... I don't need this one more minute.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Jeremy, I still think that long term inpatient would be very beneficial for you (I have posted that how many times now?).
I am an AA member and also an SR member and it works for me.
Others do well with just AA alone, SR or any method out there and then others like you need something more intensive to get them started where they can focus on laying the foundation for lasting sobriety.
A year ago, you still had a job, a family and friends, well now you cannot use those anymore as an excuse not to go to inpatient since you lost all of that. Good news is that you are still alive and not in institutions and can rebuild your life IF you take time to lay a solid foundation.

The one thing you still have no matter what is our support and I hope you will listen to our suggestions for a change. We don't want you to lose your life

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

worried, gotta go very soon, this is it.... Confronting the court and hoping they don't hold me in contempt. I hope to read your replies later and not sitting in a cell.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

If your lawyer can come up to a plea bargain involving inpatient rehab, it might be actually a blessing in disguise.
I still remember that banged up pict of you after a fall you posted a while back
Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You don't need to "figure out" what to do. You already KNOW what to do, when are you going to do it? Stop writing installments of your life story and start writing a new chapter in your life. You've had so many chances to make things right. Are you going to ignore them again and fall further?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep moving forward Jeremy, all you can do is change the future, but you have to make it happen!!