Notices

Vyvanse, Vyvanse, & more Vyvanse

Old 02-23-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vyvanse, Vyvanse, & more Vyvanse

Ok first I'm new. Second I'm interested in feedback fr yall, so gonna mk this as short & sweet (bitter prolly best describes it) as possible. Im recovering alcoholic of the worst kind, lost ability to walk & write at some point when I was WAY gone. Somehow God saved me, which I continue to give all my glory too. So my history goes: sober 6mo, relapse 2mo, sober 1mo, relapse 1yr, sober (I use this word loosely, so pls don't point this part out after you read what Im not sober from) now from Alcohol 4mo. Im a relapser, bc my history seems to tell me that. This time is not much different, but still have not drank alcohol which is unheard of fr me. This time started taken Adderall 20mg time relased for two reasons: energy for work & to aide in loosing weight. Started taking more & more, my Rx here one day then gone the next leaving me wondering how its gone so quick? But I hv a high tolerance now. Now I have been taken 70mg of vyvanse extended release. Time goes by & the last few days I have taken a total of 6 (70mg) capsules of vyvanse....420mg. I know its dumb & dangerous, that is why Im here for your help.
They say any mg over 70 is considered an overdose. I read & read the internet searching for insight on vyvanse abuse & how to quit & what are the withdrawl symptoms, what is a stimulant psychosis, etc...I do not need ADHD meds, that's not an issue so no need to discuss. This is out of hand & im scared what if I cant stop then what. None of my family/friends can kno bc I will lose my place to live because my history of relapsing...kinda of a last chance situation. Have a good job, don't want to lose it & I have lost more than 1 job to my drinking. Like I said its not my first rodeo, I have done 3 rehab stints & prolly 4 detox but all were a result fr drinking, this is different. This is a speed addiction & im a duck out of water. Any personal experiences you have had w vyvanse will be GREATLY appreciated on how you quit, how high your tolerance was bc either im a freak of nature or I just haven't found anything on such high doses for recreational use, withdrawal sympotms, coping mechanisms, pretty much educate me please about this side of aaddiction bc Im slowly sinking & it will be a matter of time before it comes to light & I honestly don't want that. I have yall to talk to & please don't suggest rehab bc that is not even option right now. Not being rude, just telling my story. Thanks for reading & please reply
Old 02-24-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you tried to quit before? Ever ran out before refills?
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No I have never tried quitting or have ever ran out. I'm more than willing to try anything, but it's not a simple as don't take them. I have it my head I won't be able to quit & if I don't im going to die eventually, and not everyone dies some people live really messed up. I know I have to quit, I want to quit, I just hv to get my plan of attack down & then commit. I really am a good person, I just happen to have a disease & a powerful mind.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Blue no one here is going to tell you that you aren't a good person! We understand! My DOC is opiates not stimulants. But we ALL suffer from the same beast....addiction!

Welcome!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you considered turning around and going back out the way you came in (slowly decreasing dosage to a quit date)? Tapering is by far the easiest on the body.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-24-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, I just asked to see if you had any experience with wds so far. Not sure how upper wds hit you. I was on painkillers and benzos.

From what I have read, your two biggest issues might be fatigue and depression.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes in going to taper off & set my quit date. I will definitely stay close to SR BC I will prolly need someone to talk to for support & constant reminders that this (my withdraws) are only temporary & this to shall pass. Ty 4 yells support & if you're religious please throw me in your prayers.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Will do Blue! Prayers going out to you tonight. I think TE is correct that the worst of wd will most likely be fatigue and depression. But there are ways to lesson those those symptoms.
We are here for you! When you are ready let us know! You can do this!