Notices

I cannot believe I drank last night

Old 02-16-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cannot believe I drank last night

Hey everyone. A couple days ago I came here while in pure agony. I was having the worst hangover of my life. I was panic ridden. Was having chest tightness. So much anxiety that I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die. I got through that day just barely. Last night for some stupid ass reason I thought I could just drink beer instead of hard. I got pretty drunk and now I'm back to panic and anxiety ridden. Wtf? Did I not learn my lesson? What is wrong with me?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fall down 5 times, get up 6.

We were hoping we'd hear back from you!

Next time you feel like drinking, nip it in the butt..come here and talk to us!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm only 26 but I legit feel like I am running out of time. How many chances will my liver give me before it gives up
Old 02-16-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this but learn from this it gets worse not better if you continue to drink my friend

You have 24h support to help yourself keep reading keep posting
Old 02-16-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm 26 too...

Hard to say, but you're obviously wanting help getting sober. What kind of ideas do you have that could help you reach that?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your body is sending you some pretty serious signs that it's time to give up the booze. To continue drinking from here on out is playing some Russian Roulette. Many of us have been there...

I wish you well. Please be safe and seek help where you can find it.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The first week or so the body craves alcohol, so your AV tells you stories to get you to drink. Need to find more support - either AA, or come here more often.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You can do this but learn from this it gets worse not better if you continue to drink my friend

You have 24h support to help yourself keep reading keep posting

This is such good advice , I'm so sorry you are hungover.

Believe me when I say it will get worse. Just when you think the hangovers from hell are as bad as they get ...think again , they get full of more horror! Then you will need to drink more to feel drunk ....

Do you really want to live this life another moment longer when you can be well tomorrow & looking forward to the best days of your life & actually be happy.

I really want this for you & you want it too.

Enoughs enough , go live your best life xxx

Good luck xx
Old 02-16-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
How many chances will my liver give me before it gives up
Impossible to say. Right now it looks like you have at least one more...are you going to take it?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

You really have to run with those moments of fear, cos they can lead you to moments of clarity and action.

Whatever you're doing for your recovery, it's not enough scared - maybe it's time to kick things up a notch and make some changes, get some help?

D
Old 02-16-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have had panic attacks. They started in my early 20's. I self medicated with alcohol, became alcoholic and lived a disasterous life hurting myself and my family. When alcohol is wearing off, you lose the sedating effect and it actually you anxiety. If you drink too much your heart will beat fast and irregular the next day. What helped my anxiety was therapy and taking an anti depressant. I have gone a very long time without anxiety attacks. It didn't stop me from drinking though. That is work we all have to do ourselves. We each try to make it daily and all struggle from time to time. But cravings lessen and for some disappear. Keep posting and be good to youself.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We want to talk with you, support you, give you ideas or suggestions on ways to get help, we want to see you succeed. We want to be a shoulder to lean on.
But...you have to be here to talk to us, and we hope you do.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If you're getting anxiety from drinking I hate to tell you it's only going to get worse. Much worse. It will eventually become unbareable. The same thing happened to be after 15 years of drinking. My brain had changed from all the alcohol and when I drank my alcohol withdrawal would manifest as horrible surreal really scary anxiety and panic attacks. I had no choice but to get sober. I literally can't drink anymore. It just doesn't work anymore. My body had changed and there's no going back. Im afraid the same will happen to you. Might as well just quit now. It will eventually become too painful to drink. Not that you won't try for years. I did
Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Scared, I did the same thing too - for years. I should have stopped decades before I did. I'm glad you're here to try and stop now, before really bad things happen.

I think we always expect a different outcome. We overestimate our ability to control what we drink - we swear we'll have one or two & it always turns into getting drunk. I had to admit that once it was in my system, unpredictable things would always happen. Willpower will never work for an alcoholic. You can get it right - never give up.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You remind me of myself, before I got serious about getting sober. I kept drinking, thinking it would be ok one more time. It never was. I hope you can stop drinking before something really bad happens.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Why is this so hard
Old 02-16-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Know it gets easier staying sober you have my word on that
Old 02-16-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hang in there, you're here thats a good sign. Alcohol can be very cunning it can trick your mind into things you think are impossible Put your chin up, learn from this experience and seize the opportunity to stop again. You aren't the first to relapse and certainly won't be the last. Learn and grow, and know you can do this if you keep coming back, getting the help you need, and focusing on staying sober. Good day to you.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Pray for god to remove this obsession from you. (If your a praying kind of person) I begged and pleaded with god. It was either drink or kill myself. I could not let myself down or my kids anymore. It helped me to promise to myself I would not drink for one year no matter what! The day at a time wasn't working for me. At 8 months sober I do not want to drink after a year sober. I don't want to trade this life for anything!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The common thread that you hear from others is ---> Drinking makes anxiety 100x worse. I lived in daily anxiety/panic hell where I was popping xanax like tic tacs during the day to offset the unpleasant feelings (some people just drink more - I was almost there).

I can tell you the further out you go in sobriety, you'll feel 100x better. I promise! Hang in there!