Happy valentines day

Old 02-13-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy valentines day

I am hoping this link works. I made a VD tree. Maybe too lazy to take down xmas tree, the cats loved it so much, so decided to keep it year round. Will change it each season.

I bought wooden hearts, and tin hearts. Painted them, then wrote my families name on each one of them.

I have no plans for tomorrow. VD doesn't mean too much to me anymore. I think this year, it might.

Tomorrow I will look at my tree, I will look and focus on each person on my tree, and I will remember how much love I have for them. There might have been disagreements now and then, but they are my family and I love them.

I do hope that each and everyone of you has a Happy Valentines Day, sometimes I think we need that day to just love ourselves. Just want you to know that I love each and everyone here.

Thank you for being you.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy

Oh, Ps, SR is on the top of the tree.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Amy.

Enjoy your Valentines day with your cats!!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OK, perhaps I am being a little sensitive here. I'm sorry if I am. It sounded like i should just be happy with my cats, because I am not good enough to have a good Vd with a male. I am sorry if I took that the wrong way.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
amy
Old 02-13-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lol! You are precious! I'm so thankful to be working valentines night! I won't have to think about it at all. I'm going to buy myself some bloody flowers and put the peanut butter on some ritz!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amy55

that's a beautiful tree! My Aunt used to always get carried away with trees

She would have 6-7 artificial trees throughout the house at x-mas.

She loved each and every holiday

Her husband (My uncle) was an alcoholic. I think she sometimes got carried away with the holidays to escape the reality.

I never realized my Uncle drank a lot until I got older. He made some smart ass comment to my father. After that, I never really liked him as much after that.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great tree and meaningful with everyone's names. I love that you left it up for the cats. I was tempted! I have a many cats this year and four kittens and they loved it! Happy Valentines Day! I have basketball games with my youngest in the morning and will do nothing the rest of the day!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMG, I made a fool out of myself again. I'm so sorry Maia. I thought I identified my triggers, obviously not. I'm going to work on that one. Again, I am sorry.

So yes, tomorrow, I will look at each heart that I made and remember the good times. That's my valentine present to myself.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, wish I could take the tree down.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
I love your tree. Happy Valentine's Day to you, my friend.

You are, without question, someone who knows how to spread the love. That's a pretty amazing gift, Amy. Thank you.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's a tree of love. Doesn't matter who you put on it. Just paint a heart, and then on valentines day, think about that person.

Oh god do I wish my 2 postings would be taken away. I know that won't happen. I am sorry Maia. I jumped before thinking. Not an excuse, not a defense. I realize now what I said. Sorry again.

Sometimes, I think people get too commercialized into Valentines Day. I think many people here are so hurt, they don't want to even think of that day. It's understandable.

This is the first year that i thought of Valentines Day differently. You don't need to go out on Valentines Day. You stay home, or go out with friends that really love you. Or you stay home and look at the hearts on your tree, and know how much you love them and they love you.

Happy Valentines Day everyone

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

amy
Old 02-14-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WOW Amy what a beautiful tree and what a wonderful idea.

I LOVE it.

I think it's a lovely symbol too and yes so important to love ourselves first and the rest will follow.

I am thinking about all the names that would be on my tree and all my family members and friends who really
Do love me and I love them...Warts and all! Lol!

wishing you all A Happy Valentines Day.

Take care Phiz
Old 02-14-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can't believe I space out the way that I did. If you didn't catch it, that's good, if you did, I had those voices in my head telling me that whatever I did was wrong. I didn't want to know what Valentines Day meant when I was married. Didn't want to be disappointed. My head is screwed on tight right now, but the tree that I decorated was done out of love for SR and my family. Even while I was writing out my son and daughter names on heart, I was thinking of SR. I wanted to put each and every name of everyone here on my tree, but I couldn't. I just put SR on top of the tree which i had to turn around to read (hugs) for my family, so I could email it to them. I did that

The true meaning of VD is not a night out or a special date with the opposite sex, it's not the commercialized version. It's to set aside that day to reflect on the love and joy people brought to your heart.

I will look at my tree today, and I will look at each name written there, and will reflect and remember why I love each and every one there. No one will know that I am doing this, and thats the way I want it. Just know it will take me a really long time to get away from the first heart, and that is SR. There are just some many of you here that I love.

Again, sorry if I seemed combative a few hours ago. I was. I can't defend myself there. I was hearing voices, and I should have walked away from computer. I didn't, and I apologize for that.

((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
amy

Just set aside valentines day to really remember the people you love, whether or not you agree with them or not at this time.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy Valentines Amy!!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This is just beautiful Ann Marie. I hope one of those wooden hearts has your name on it as well.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good morning, Amy!!

I think your tree of rotating holidays is beautiful! My mother was going to do the same thing, but decided to take her tree down after all.

Your decorations are beautifully made -- you must be very artistic and crafty

Happy Valentine's Day, Amy! Happy Valentine's Day to all!!

Old 02-14-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Nice tree, amy! My own cats would have that un-decorated in a matter of minutes!

I actually got MARRIED the first time on Valentine's Day. LOL, my reasoning at the time was that at least he'd remember the date. Pale pink frosting on the cake and everything.

I don't really think about it as a holiday that "applies" to me right now--just like I don't get Monday off (ah, to be a government worker again...)

I DID get a Valentine, though--believe it or not, from my first husband's wife (actually, from her and him). She's a card-sender (I only send cards for birthdays, and a handful of Christmas cards anymore). It had a sweet note thanking me again for making their Christmas and "their" birthdays (his sobriety date happens to be the same as her birthday and I sent them both cards) special.

She is a lovely lady, and I definitely consider her family. I've spent every Christmas but a couple of them at their house for the past sixteen years. It kind of amuses me that she always tacks "Esq." onto my name when she send a card. I know she means it respectfully, so I don't correct her--it's really only lawyers that address each other that way, and only in business correspondence.

So no big plans for me today, but I'm not feeling unloved. I wish I hadn't spent so many of these holidays with such high expectations. It was so unnecessary.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

AWESOME! I wish I had thought of that while my christmas tree is still up...ugh! You have such creativity; I love your tree! ;-)