Notices

Day 4: In the beginning... (my story)

Old 02-12-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4: In the beginning... (my story)

I intend to post my story/substance abuse history broken up into a few years at a time. Otherwise it will take too long for me to write and you to read. I’ve edited it down as much as possible to try and keep it concise and to the point.

I started doing “recreational” drugs at 12 or 13 in 1973. I was influenced by my older brother. I'm the youngest of 3. We are all 3 years apart, I’m the youngest, sister in the middle and the eldest my brother. I always wanted to hang with my older siblings and their friends. They let me and it all began…

I grew up in an upper middle class family in the nice part of New Jersey. Dad was a dentist. Ever since I can remember, my brother, 6 years older used and dealt (sold drugs). Probably consumed more than he ever sold. I used to make hiding spots for him to find and stash his goods so I could steal it when he wasn’t around. He never noticed. He used to weigh out his drugs in a triple beam scale and drop so much of it in his carpet without noticing. He dropped enough for me to fill 35mm camera case vials of cocaine weekly. The stash he would hide in the hiding spots I created would yield enough drugs for me and my friends to consume way too much for our age. Oh, and by the way I shared my antics with my friends, so they did the same with their older siblings. My friends and I had access to anything we wanted. What ended up happening was every weekend he come home from college with the trunk of his car full of drugs. All kinds from A to Z, pot, thai sticks, cocaine, angel dust, Quaaludes, you name it. It was like a candy store (or so I thought), something new to try every week.

Alcohol abuse was not even in the picture besides a few beers here and there, just for the thrill of "getting away with it" without getting caught. Didn’t even touch my parents unlocked bar full of every kind of alcohol under the sun.

To be continued…
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for sharing Akiba
Old 02-12-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, akiba.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you akiba, looking forward to reading the rest of your story.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Akiba!!