Notices

My story so far ,,

Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story so far ,,

Well after my set back on Friday I am back to work and feeling ok I suppose, see the thing is when I feel anything like down, sad or low I automatically think (O NO) I am getting the anxiety and panic back, but I need to keep telling myself day to day life produces lots of feelings that we must deal with like today is Monday start of the week and I am feeling a bit on edge but so is everyone (Its Monday)

I think it’s important to have a routine and try and stick to it best as possible the nights I would drink I try to spend them keeping busy and spending time with my five year old daughter and wife who 5 month pregnant so I think keeping busy wont be a problem soon.

It’s hard to understand what happened to me and I wish I could explain to others when I see them drink the damage alcohol can do not just physically but mentally but it’s not my business and most people can drink in moderation so maybe they should be giving me advice ironically. I crashed and burned with a mixture of stress and an addictive highly strung personality alcohol left me with a scar that I would happily display if it was possible to warn others not to fall into the trap that I did.

I know if I hadn’t stopped I would have probably paid the ultimate price and I am glad I have. A small setback on Friday has possibly reinforced my determination to stay sober because I don’t want to go back to that horrible place where bad thoughts rule your life I know its possible to get better as I have so may it continue.

I will continue to get better and fight the feelings because that’s what life requires you to do. Nothing in life is easy and we each deal with things in different ways that is the start of many peoples story’s good or bad but for me at 33 years old I can start my story again. I have seen the how bad things can get but to anyone who reads this and is in a bad place please remember I was in a bad place and I came out not to bad 17 weeks sober and felt so good I drank but its all about learning so I have alcohol is not for me.

Thanks to all my new found friends here on (SR) you make the world of difference so keep the good advice flowing.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You sound determined and self aware Aldo - two good things. Remember to reach out here if you feel wobbly

D
Old 02-02-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee you really make a difference on here each time I post you always give me encouragement to keep going. I was just in a weird place over the weekend but I will bounce back and stop feeling sorry for myself,

Do you have any suggestions for groups on (SR) that may be of use for me as I have been posting on newcomers?
Old 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee you really make a difference on here each time I post you always give me encouragement to keep going. I was just in a weird place over the weekend but I will bounce back and stop feeling sorry for myself,

Do you have any suggestions for groups on (SR) that may be of use for me as I have been posting on newcomers?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well said & done my fellow scot
Old 02-02-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Well said & done my fellow scot
Thanks soberwolf as a fellow Scott you can appreciate how many social activities involve alcohol I never really noticed it before until I stopped drinking but I see it everywhere and it makes life hard sometimes when you know you cant have it but its mind over matter I suppose,, I try not to be patronising but I have friends that are pretty much in the same boat I was with alcohol and one who is a social drug user and I feel I want to help them because I can see it is a problem so can they but they are not ready to do anything about it so I will be there when they need me
Old 02-02-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Aldo i wouldnt drink alcohol if you offered me a billion pounds

for me its acceptance compared to mind over matter

If you have friends that are suffering then i hope they choose to seek help & it might be an idea stepping bk if drink & drugs are involved with some of your friends as building sober muscles with some you time will set you in good stead in the long run

You can pm anytime Aldo & remember with lots of sober muscles youl be able to try & help your friends if they ever
ask
Old 02-02-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks very much means a lot I got through Monday so Iam feeling a lot better may it continue
Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Aldo.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Aldo!!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Power ON, aldo. Keep moving forward.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Leigh I will do my best got a really busy week ahead so my mind and body will be busy that's always good,