Notices

Bad Sleep and Craving - PAWS?

Old 01-28-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Sleep and Craving - PAWS?

Hi Everyone, clean 29 days today, had a terrible sleep last night, woke up in the middle of night tossing and turning with unbelievable cravings/stomach pains, this has never happened before. In work now and just feel exhausted, will keep the head down as finish at Midday today. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I am thinking that it is the PAWS thing!! My record before was 32 days and near that now, I felt crap then and relapsed but more prepared this time. Thanks in advance and have a nice day night wherever you are.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep its PAWS can happen to people after months on end

Keep at it congrats on 29 days
Old 01-28-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know what it is but I'm still having issues sleeping I hope it clears up soon for you
Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 29 days brother.

Keep on keeping on. Still early days for me but i keep repeating that withdrawal symptoms are a sign my brain is recovering. Keep posting!

B
Old 01-29-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One more thing. I also have terrible sleep disturbace at present. I just read that magnesium helps with withdrawal stuff. Gonna stock up on supplements today!

B
Old 01-29-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah mate absolutely I went through that. Try to get to bed and up at aame time even on days off. Valerian works for me.

I too have bern going through the exhaustion at work and left early a few times. Im day 66 now and things arent perfect but a lot better. Ride out the crappy times, its evidence your body is healing. Avoud stress and drjnk lors of filtered water fruit and veg. I avoided excersise early on and slowly easing in to it now. I found early on it was stirring up more toxins than I could handle. My naturopatj called it a healing crisis its a good thing. Hang in there it definitely eases. I was exact ly where you are not that long ago. I was beginning to get worried that I would never feel better again, was really groggy dizxyblight headed blurry vis ion headaches crook stomach you name it. Im living proof it gets easier. Rest up relax
Old 01-29-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Mr. Justin, and everyone, yes I even have the shakes 29 days on while writing this,, I know I have a while to go to get half normal again and just have to ride the storm and beyond to get over this first hurdle, I like the fact that it was pointed out that the body is healing so from a mind set that is positive news and makes me not resent this current melt head situation, as I know I am getting better and that the wires are connecting again, after plus 30 years drinking. I'm 53 tomorrow and beginning to heal I have many obstacle's ahead and need to stay focussed not only for me but for my beautiful wife and children. Thanks SR and bye bye Saudi for now

Originally Posted by mrjustin View Post
Yeah mate absolutely I went through that. Try to get to bed and up at aame time even on days off. Valerian works for me.
I too have bern going through the exhaustion at work and left early a few times. Im day 66 now and things arent perfect but a lot better. Ride out the crappy times, its evidence your body is healing. Avoud stress and drjnk lors of filtered water fruit and veg. I avoided excersise early on and slowly easing in to it now. I found early on it was stirring up more toxins than I could handle. My naturopatj called it a healing crisis its a good thing. Hang in there it definitely eases. I was exact ly where you are not that long ago. I was beginning to get worried that I would never feel better again, was really groggy dizxyblight headed blurry vis ion headaches crook stomach you name it. Im living proof it gets easier. Rest up relax
Thanks
Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Carlingford

Have you seen these cravings tips?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

None of us can diagnose you but see if this link rings any bells:
PAWS | Digital Dharma

Hope things get better soon

D
Old 01-29-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really well on day 29 Carlingford

Well done for tomorrow bud
Old 01-29-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bahrain Airport all good.next stop Amsterdam then Dublin. keeping strong �� thanks SR and everyone.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah , that's all you need is to stop in Amsterdam... **ribbin** ...Way to go on day 29!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there! I'm not having trouble sleeping yet, but am having terrifying nightmares!!! :-( Early sobriety sucks but at least we never have to walk down this part of the road again if we don't drink. That's what I keep telling myself.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
leb

Hi Carlingford.

I'm day 26 and have had a pretty easy run up to now. (apart from 1st couple of days). Last night though couldn't sleep, anxious and jittery. Nothing seemed to help. Got on here and started tapping away and it seemed to soothe me. I'm wondering if exercise might have helped too. Though seems a bit extreme to exercise in middle of night! Anyway very tired today but not wanting to drink which is good. Stay strong
Old 01-29-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

29 Days is fantastic!! Keep it going Carlingford!!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 30

D
Old 01-30-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, here's a little update on my trip home what a tuff trip home, so much temptation, Irish bar in Bahrain airport then another one in Schiphol airport in Amsterdam but stayed clean, flight delayed 2 hours due to snow, was offered choice of champagne water or orange on flight but resisted, so happy for me as home sober to family for once, Thank you God, day by day, had massive cravings as on day 30 and my birthday, in my view definitely knowledge of what is happening to your body is a great help in resisting temptation, its not easy but when cravings are there (a lot today) I think good my body is healing now go away AV. Bye for now so happy home with family now, talk soon and thanks SR and everyone.