Notices

(Ex)Girlfriend of recovering her ion/meth addict

Old 01-26-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

(Ex)Girlfriend of recovering her ion/meth addict

I've never done this before, but I am really struggling to understand the actions of my, now ex, boyfriend who dumped me this weekend. We have been together for 2 years and were living together when he started using. Last October, he was arrested on 4 felony drug charges and 3 misdemeanors. We are college students at university, but after his arrest, his parents bailed him out, moved him home, got him a good lawyer and got him into a rehab. He is graduating his out patient (after 1 month of in patient) today, and I'm upset he doesn't want me there. I have been with him through his entire recovery, trying to support him and give him what he needs. Even after someone he owed money to broke into my apartment and robbed me. We were long distance because he had to move home with his parents, but my parents live close by so I would see him often. I was just visiting for a whole month during winter break and he acted like he was more in love with me than ever. He wasn't avoiding me or anything out of the ordinary. However, I had been back at school for exactly a week when he broke up with me out of no where, saying he couldn't do the long distance thing and he'd been thinking about it for a while. I just don't understand how he could have been considering this for a while, if I had no indication of it. I came home for the weekend to avoid being alone, and he refused to meet up with me and talk in person. I am now considering moving back home and finishing my degree online (for other reasons besides this), but he doesn't seem to care, even though he claimed he broke up with me because of long distance. He won't talk to me and I'm really having a hard time with this. I know he's probably doing it more for himself than because of me but I would really like some insight from people who understand his world.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I don't know anything about Meth addiction (I am an alcoholic) but as a fellow Friend and Family member I can tell you to thank your lucky stars. You are young and were just spared years of misery witnessing someone you love destroying himself.
There is a forum on SR for F&F of substance abusers, you will get a lot of support both here and there
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tance-abusers/

to SR
Old 01-26-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR youl find a lot of support here

Nice to meet you
Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!