please help

Old 08-10-2004, 10:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please help

oh how sad it all is... after 5 months apart i went to see him.. we spent a wonderful month together until his son (age 12) thought it was a little too close and started manipulating me. i calmly tonight said was going to go home and before i knew it.. major drama.. major... and i am not even that upset. is that weird or what?

how foolish i was to think i could find a way to live with his drinking and such. how foolish was to believe in happily ever after. i am such a fool. such a 40 yr old repeat, still havent learned my lesson fool. my heart is broken. again.

if there is a god. why do i go thru this? why? please someone help give me wisdom and hope... i search my soul and cannot find any.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by quietsins

if there is a god. why do i go thru this? why? please someone help give me wisdom and hope... i search my soul and cannot find any.
from what I have found... there is a God and so many times I have found that the things I go through help draw me closer to Him.
You tried things your way...maybe give God's way a try?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((quietsins))
It is disappointing to realize that the world isn't going to conform to us. The steps are designed to learn to live life on life's terms. Even when we are working on ourself, we stumble and get bumped and bruised. That's not failure. Failure is if we don't get up, dust ourself off, and keep going. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-11-2004, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

quietsins,
You tried, it didn't work out. That doesn't make you a failure. It doesn't mean that your life and your dreams are over. I know it doesn't feel that way now.
Sending some love and light your way,
Gabe
Old 08-11-2004, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please do not call yourself a fool because you are not. Like gab said you tried and it did not work out . Maybe this can give you some hope in that sometimes in times like these we get to do alot of self evaluating and are better able to put things into perspective. Maybe part of what you needed is to see if it could work and if it could not maybe you can get the closure you need to be able to move on with your life. Lots of hugs coming your way. Take care
Old 08-11-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((quietsins)))
I've asked that question: Why do I have to go through this? many times myself. The explanation I've come up with is this: I have a lesson to be learned. Sure, I could go through my whole life the way it has always been. God has graced me with the opportunity for another path. He has turned on a light and is showing me the way. It is hard but it would be so much more painful to stay where I was.

I have to change to have a better life. Change is hard. God doesn't say it will be easy but I know in my heart it will be better.

I think of it as an opportunity to be a better, happier person. Not a punishment.
Hugs - L