Notices

It feels so Heavy.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It feels so Heavy.

I am new here today. I stopped drinking on my own last year because I was threatened with the end of a great relationship. I don't think that I ever really dealt with the drinking. I lost most of my friends and I feel bored and alone a lot. Now I have decided to stop my last substance addiction (pot) and I just want to drink again. I don't feel OK anywhere, I want to crawl out of my skin. I haven't been sober in over 8 years and I am 27. I don't know what to do when I get home from work, I can't sleep, and I just want to fight with my partner. I can smoke whenever I want at work and people are constantly offering it to me. My partner has relaxed her views on drinking a little bit and I'm scared that I'm going to go back to getting drunk every night to substitute. How do you get through these first few days? When I stopped drinking, I had another way to numb myself. Now it's just me in my head. I'm glad that I found this place. It feels good. I am going to my first meeting tonight. I've never made it out of the car before, but I am determined to make it through the door this time. Thanks all of you for being here. I'm feeling supported already.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Rubyjane...

Welcome to Sober Recovery.

Yeah. Getting that monkey off our backs.
I tried and tried to do it alone... but.. I needed the program to lean on while I was rebuilding my life...

I know how hard it can be to walk through those doors... but I'm praying you make it all the way in tonight.

I'm praying to the ALL for strength for you to do what you need to do.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello RubyJane
I'm addicted to pot and alcohol too and this is day 1 ( again) for me. When I went to the first NA meeting I thought I had to stop only pot, there I was told that to be clean I had to stop alcohol too. I thought I couldn't make it that way but I made 2 months before I relapsed ( for silly reasons). One thing I learnt, if I can't control my addiction to one substance, how can I control another one?
You can make it
Hugs
Irene
Old 08-10-2004, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ruby,

I'm Anna, alcoholic, and I know that when I stopped drinking, it was just the beginning. The beginning of facing all the messes I'd made, everything about my life that I had stuffed down inside me for all of my life. It's not easy, to face the emotions and deal with them, in fact it's really hard. But, it's so rewarding. It's how I began to move forward. I find a lot of inspiration from the people on this board and have found support and understanding. I think you will too. I hope you hang around and keep posting.

Love, Anna