Notices

Day 12

Old 01-15-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
leb

Day 12

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a lot about how a lot of people have had problems after the 2 week period. I'm approaching that now and I'm hoping by reading your thoughts and advice I might be able to avoid slipping.

I'm feeling good and 12 days sober, however I seem to be a little more anxious and afraid that I'll do something silly and stuff everything up. I seem to be over the initial buzz and finding that when the new wears off I still have to get through everyday life without the escape of alcohol.

I guess I'm feeling nervous, forever seems like a long time. I know I feel more level than I have ever since I've been sober and really want to do this. I really have been under the influence of alcohol since I was 15 and I'm 57 now. Wow I've never thought of it like that before.

I'm spending more time reading others experiences and solutions which is really helpful. I'm sure your support will keep me strong.

I'm really interested in how to recognise the AV and interrupt the thinking that leads to problems. Can you recommend any reading that might help please. Thank you, Together we can do this.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like you are doing a lot of good things and being proactive to try and recognize your AV before it is too late. I think that's a big part of what we call "having a plan" !

As far as reading material, have you ever read the Big Book? I am not an AA regular, but it is still an excellent resource for anyone seeking sobriety. And it's free! ( and online too )
Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't worry about tomorrow. Just don't drink the rest of the day. Worry about tomorrow when it comes. Sounds like you are doing pretty well.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on 12 days, leb.

Keep taking it one day at a time, while truly appreciating the goodness of sobriety.

As for the AV, have you looked into AVRT? I will post a link.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 01-15-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 12!! That is amazing. Yes, one day at a time. Have you considered attending an AA meeting? There you will find a roomful on support and experience, strength, and hope. And/or you could start by reading the Doctor's Opinion in the AA Big Book, you can download a free app on your phone and see if any of that resonates with you..worked for me, but everyone's different and there are many other routes to take, just don't take a drink-today. Best of luck.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Leb!!