Notices

Day 5 and just writing cause it helps me

Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and just writing cause it helps me

I am on Day 5 after a relapse and I am very grateful.

I have also been really sick with the flu and could not go to an AA meeting.
Here is what is crazy....I had 102 degree fever and I feel guilty for not "showing up and suiting up." But I could not get out of bed. Now I am doing the sick thinking of people pleasing...like it makes sense to show up and pass along the germs in the terrible flu season.

In addition, I have realized the extent to which addiction of all sorts has taken my family down. My 83-year old mother will have to sell her house because my siblings stole money from her. They haven't paid the property tax up and have not kept up with her prescription drug plan, which includes meds for breast cancer.

I have given everyone the best financial advice possible...sell house, invest the money and size down.

My daughter who is in recovery in Dallas called today and we are going to work out a plan for me to move back there.

It is so painful to have discovered the truth about my family that I can hardly bear it. My brother and sister/husband can not support themselves at all, so they will have to sell, move mom and themselves and use the money to continue to live off of her.

Please cheer me on in saving myself. I will have to live in a very cheap apartment but it is my only chance to stay sober and get out of this toxic environment. My daughter is in recovery too and wants me to live close to her.

I have gotten financial advice, ministerial advice and therapist advice. I am new to the AA group 20 miles from the town I live in and I know to go there to stay sober but not bring personal problems into the meeting.

I am again grateful for sobriety today and thank you again for letting me need you for being there
Old 01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're ill beach - hope you get well soon

I think your own place is a great idea

D
Old 01-14-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry things have been so tough for you but well done on day 5!! I'm also a 'people pleaser' but there's a point at which you have to put yourself first or you won't have the reserves to be there for anyone else anyway.
I agree it helps to get things out on here. Do what you have to do to stay well and god luck x
Old 01-14-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 5 Beach i hope you get well soon

I too think your own place is a exellent move being close to your daughter etc

cheering you on all the way bud
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beach. You're doing great! You need to save yourself right now because you really can't help others while your sick from this disease. Please take care of yourself right now and get yourself into a good supportive environment. Love yourself as you are so worth it.

Sending good mojo your way
Old 01-14-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Beach

Congrats on day 5...Im on the same...Its hard to be hurt by your family. Dont let it get you down...keep working hard
Old 01-14-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't give a second thought to pleasing people in your AA group at the moment. Take care of your flu.

Moving to be near your daughter, who is also in recovery and wants you to move nearby sounds like a very good idea. Yes, moving is challenging, but you can do it. I made a long-distance move in my first week of recovery and it was a really positive step and I know it helped my recovery.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days, beach, and hugs to you for your family situation.

A cheap apartment may not be your dream home but a clear conscience goes a long, long way to contentment, happiness and a good night's sleep.

Hope that you are over the flu soon. It seems that this has been a particularly bad flu year given the inadequacies of this year's vaccine.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You have your daughter, she loves you and she wants her dad near her.
You could get to see her everyday.
I would love dearly to see my dad everyday. My daughter would love to see her granddad everyday.
I would love to live somewhere simple.

Thats worth more than any money or any big fancy house in my opinion.

You have a lot to be happy about and something positive to be excited about.

Fight the flu and get packing your bags.

I wish you the best xx
Old 01-14-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Sounds tough beach I hope things work out

We will always have your back!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think it shows strength, wisdom and character to do what you're doing! The right thing isn't always easy but you sleep so well!