Notices

over it! Brain fog

Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

over it! Brain fog

Hi all,

Today started off ok. Day 59 sober

One of the things thats bothered me the most was the brain fog spacey out of it feeling that I got when I first quit. I hated it and it was quite scary. But it cleared up a couple of weeks ago almost completely. Today it came back again and I had a little bit yesterday. My doc. Sais im improving and bloods arent too bad. I just want to feel better and its 2 months in! Thought i was through it! Sometimes I question that it is the alcohol giving me these symptoms.....the thought of is all this worth it to stop drinking crossed my mind.... I am tired trying to get in a sleep routine again andvthat doesnt help how im feeling....
Old 01-12-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 49 sorry lost teack there....:-) just feel like ive hit a rough patch hard to see it ending...
Old 01-12-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well man, ask yourself this….

Did you really feel better when you were drinking every day?

Congrats on 49 days btw
Old 01-12-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Mrjustin and well done on 49 Days, I am on 11 now and just coming out of the fog, not my first time here so not too bothered as I know will go in time, especially with care of good diet, exercise, sleep and B Vitamin's. I believe what you have might be PAWS (Post alcohol withdrawal syndrome) as opposed to acute withdrawal (WHICH YOU HAVE PASSED NOW) this can last for MONTHS, a year to two (depending on person and history etc.) and can come in cycles of 30, 60, 90,days and quit anniversaries. I don't know what to say to you except to try the above and give it time, take the bad with the good and relax and be happy where you are now. take care and good luck, Carlingford.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. Congratulations on your road to recovery.

This sort of thinking can create a path of destruction because of our delusional thinking.

“Sometimes I question that it is the alcohol giving me these symptoms.....the thought of is all this worth it to stop drinking crossed my mind.”

Try to remember that alcohol is a very toxic substance, not a health drink gone bad in our system. Relapses are led by stinking thinking.

BE WELL
Old 01-12-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is worth it. Hang in there. The brain fog among other things does clear up. It is absolutely worth the effort. Keep going, you're doing fine.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your road to recovery.

Funny thing about the brain Fog... its when the Fog horn starts going off in your head that you have to have a worry...

coffee guys some one throw coffee at me... ekekekekek

keep at it kiddo you can do it .. and just think by spring you will be able to run in the park and know that you did.. woot woot my Hubby forgot I was with him this weekend yep.. guess who got all the way home and could not figure out where the Wife was.. Brain Fog and his meds.. me tuck up at the store and have a coffee lunch and read.. hahahahah
Old 01-12-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys it passed thank god, thanks so much for being there. You all rock and I need you guys right now. Dont worry ill be your strongest help when you need in rtn pm me when you have a crap day 2
Old 01-12-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Sometimes I question that it is the alcohol giving me these symptoms.....the thought of is all this worth it to stop drinking crossed my mind

Sounds like your AV is getting desperate !

It is worth it. Although I've had my fair share of brain fog, depression and anxiety since I quit, in some ways I feel a million times better. The very best thing, though, is knowing I am off the booze and healing, even if it takes years, it's better than where and who I was when I was drunk.

Don't go back on the merry go round.

Hang in there.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Justin!! Day 49 is fantastic!!