Notices

Checking in - Day 6

Old 01-07-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in - Day 6

Hey, guys.

I'm checking in about an hour into my Day 6. Been going to AA meetings twice a day most days. That'll most likely change when school starts up. Working with a sponsor, although we haven't started any steps. I check in with her about twice a day. It helps me keep focused on sobriety when we talk.

I've wound up with a pretty awesome home group with a number of older members with a lot of insights. Aside form the regular members, the compositions changes throughout the week. Last night had a dozen younger members (twenty-somethings) who had some awesome insights as to how they're interpreting the steps to conform to their personal, spiritual beliefs. I love how flexible my group is on defining "God." Some people don't even use the term, but prefer "higher power" or "spiritual life." It's kind of odd - yet encouraging - hearing kids my age talk about meditating in the morning. Good stuff.

Besides the occasional cravings, I've been pretty calm. A member suggested that I get some vitamin B, so I stocked up and have been taking them for the past couple of days. I've also grabbed some Sleepy Time tea for nights when I'm having a super hard time going to sleep. They're working out great.

I love the feeling of autonomy I have within AA. I was pretty concerned that I'd have a bunch of dogma stuffed down my throat, but I've had nothing but honest, down-to-earth conversations about our challenges. It could be that the AA culture of my home group is informed by its location in my neighborhood. The area is pretty free-spirited and open-minded, with a number of co-ops and art studios.

Anywho, it's been a few days since I've posted, so I thought I should check in. I hope everyone is doing well on their journeys of sobriety.

-Lisa
Old 01-08-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Glad you having such a positive experience , Lisa.

Your AA group sounds amazing !

Really happy for you
Old 01-08-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have the great fortune to have the right fit in your home group. That's wonderful. 6 days is fantastic, stay focused and be good to yourself.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post waveridermike

Exellent job on day 6 keep up the good work
Old 01-08-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 6 Lisa!! Keep it going!!