Is there a forum like this for teens?

Old 01-07-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there a forum like this for teens?

I don't see any specific forum here for teens dealing with addicts in their lives.

Like Ala-teen online? Something that's active like the Sober Recovery forums are?

I think it would be so helpful for my daughter.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Hi Pink,

I thought Alateen was going to kick off an online program, but I just did a quick search (very quick) and came up empty handed. It might be that my search was too quick, or it might be that they decided that the combination of teens and the internet was just too problematic in terms of litigation issues. I know that in order to assist with anything regarding Alateen there are a lot of hoops to jump through. They try to be very careful.

Other organizations may have the same reservations. I know I would be fairly concerned with whom my daughter was sharing info with online. Especially concerning such personal problems.

Are you not able to take her anywhere in person? I know some of the Alateen groups will get together for big shin-digs every so often, and the kids will sometimes network there and make friends that they can keep in touch with when they're far apart.

Depending on her age there's also regular old Alanon. If she's an older teen you might find a group that she fit's into. You may be surprised. ACoA's have a way of understanding each other whether they're 16 or 60. And it seems, whoever their qualifier is, at least 50% of the people at Alanon are usually ACoA's.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi pink,

not sure if this will be helpful...have a look if you like.

https://chat.alateen.net/

love venus xx
Old 01-08-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks!

We have no working vehicle and live in the country.
the only way we get to stores and places when we need to is with my AH's work van, after his work hours....
She will be 18 in May though and generally speaking is pretty mature for her age so I may just direct her here.
I can't let her know I'm a member here or I doubt she'll sign up, teens being so protective of their privacy and all....
Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
hi pink,

not sure if this will be helpful...have a look if you like.

https://chat.alateen.net/

love venus xx
thanks!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Maybe suggest to the moderators that SR start a new "teen" thread like they did with the "marijuana addiction" new thread???? That being said, I guess some parents might be sketchy about their kids reading the other adult threads that sometimes get into more adult matters? Though, that being said, "sit coms" on TV get WAY more "racey" these days than anything I ever read on this forum! :-)

Last edited by torquemax777; 01-08-2015 at 08:50 AM. Reason: autocorrect made a typo