One door closes and another opens

Old 01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One door closes and another opens

They say that when one door closes, another opens. Literally at the same time I started my new (part time) job today AH was terminated from his, although he wasn't given a reason why. We figure it is b/c of the DWI, but since he was not working when he got it, several lawyers and local judges we know said he can't be fired for just that. He is going to apply for unemployment as his lawyer suggested he wait til he goes to court later next week to see what the status is with his driver's license before job searching.

Lawyer told AH to have our car insurance separated before he goes to court so that my insurance isn't affected by the DWI charges. Our insurance co will definitely drop him so it gives some time to see what other agencies may be willing to provide coverage for him if he gets a stay for his license or is allowed to get a conditional so that he can look for employment. Thankfully the car title is in my name for my car.

Health insurance is active til the end of the month so gives us some time to research options through our county services and to see if he is eligible for unemployment.

Feeling at peace right now with things. Decided that I was going to hand over my financial worries to my HP.

Being back to work at a job I did for 13 yrs (before kids) reminds me of home. While it is only 2 hrs a week I think it is just what I need right now to get my feet wet before jumping back FT into a job, which I would probably look at getting at the agency when I am ready.

AH is staying with us for now, which was my idea. May sound weird but it was something I was willing to try before the DWI and I just didn't talk to AH about it before I went away. He understands that if he starts drinking again that he is OUT, not just losing my support in any way, but also his parents. The kids are happy to have him back home and so am I. It has already been nice having help with the house, the kids, shoveling, garbage, etc. Just going to take it a day at a time and appreciate the good days while we have them.