Notices

Scary real the dreams...

Old 01-04-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scary real the dreams...

For the second time in a week I have had a drinking dream again. Been a while.

The first was a dream where I was tempted to drink wine. I wound up not doing it, but only because I'd been unable to find an opaque glass so nobody would tell it was wine.

It left me unsettled. I shared about it in a meeting.

Last night I had the wine. In another setting and just a 1/4 glass - but it left me so affected I felt drugged. I was confused, upSet, defeated, scared. I was dreading having to tell my friends at SR I had done it.

I woke again scared and confused - though relieved at it being just a dream.

I wonder if these are signs of something calling us to address holes in our sobriety?

Or simply something we will deal with from time to time after a lifetime of drinking..... Just a part of the natural course of sobriety.

I know it's a topic discussed to pieces already.... But it left me feeling really unsettled and it just helps to share.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that. I had the same thing early last week. I drank shots of everything. It was so vivid I could taste it. I woke up with an imaginary hangover, that subsided within 5 minutes, and an insane feeling of guilt and that dreaded "what did I do last night" feeling. Thankfully, it was just a dream. But I noticed it knocked me down emotionally a little. That is an interesting point you made about issues that need to be worked on. That is something to consider. Thank you

Jennifer
Old 01-04-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have those dreams, too, FreeOwl, and they can be unsettling. As alcoholics on recovery, we spend a considerable amount of time consciously growing in, and strengthening, our sobriety. It is no wonder that alcohol (and our worst fears - drinking and failure) creep into our subconscious and dream-state.

My take is that if we wake relieved that it was only a dream and that in our dreams we weren't living it up and enjoying our drunken ourselves, we are okay.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I had drinking dreams about 2 years ago i'm sober today over 3 years FreeOwl .

I think they serve as a bit of a reminder , it's a relief when you wake up yer ?

Bestwishes, m